FA Wants Judge to Keep Ex-Employee Away From 2 Mich. Deals
- Michigan Judge Denies Restraining Order Against PFM Adviser. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31919, p7
Reports on Monroe County, Michigan Circuit Court Judge Joseph Costello's denial of a motion for a temporary restraining order sought by Stauder Barch & Associates Inc. against Kari McDonald-Blanchett for breaching confidentiality and trade secret law. Reason cited by Costello for his decision;...
- Michigan Judge Sets Nov. 16 Date for Stauder, Barch & Associates Case. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31920, p4
Reports that a judge's decision to set a trial for November 16, 2004 will allow financial advisory firm Stauder, Barch and Associates Inc. to prove its assertion that Kari McDonald-Blanchett, a former employee, used confidential and proprietary information that belonged to the firm in her post...
- PFM Acquires Michigan's Oldest FA Firm. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;8/3/2015, p1
Philadelphia-based Public Financial Management, the country's largest municipal advisory firm, said it has acquired Stauder, Barch & Associates, Michigan's oldest FA firm.
- Court halts Metrowide Mortgage's business. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p27
Reports that a judge from Ingham County issued a temporary restraining order to prevent Dearborn, Michigan-based mortgage firm Metrowide Mortgage Corp. from doing business. Lawsuit alleging fraud filed against the firm; Reason behind the issuance of the temporary restraining order; Background...
- Top 25 financial advisers in New England. // Bond Buyer;10/21/97 Supplement New England, Vol. 322, p46A
Lists the top 25 financial advisers in New England, ranked by principal amount of long-term bonds issued from January 1 through September 30, 1997. Public finance head; Number of offices; Contact information; Includes Evensen Dodge Inc.; Columbia Equity Financial Corp.; P.G. Corbin & Co.
- Evaluating your fund manager. // Finance Week;11/15/2002, p42
Presents guidelines for the evaluation of fund managers in South Africa. Commitment of funds to equities; Allan Gray Balanced Fund; Differentiation between investors; Dangers of switching from one investment manager to another.
- Financial Service Opportunities: Regulatory and Other Dangers. Goldwasser, Dan L.; Crisafulli, Michael J. // CPA Journal;Sep99, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p22
Examines the regulatory aspects of operating a practice that provides an array of business and personal financial services in the United States. Rules and requirements of conducting a securities advisory business; Aspects of commission sharing with insurance policies; Form of entity to use in...
- 'FSA pushing consumers away from independent advisers' // Money Marketing;9/4/2003, p2
Reports on the claim of support services provider Fee Based Advice that Great Britain Financial Services Authority's consumer education initiative would drive people away from independent financial advisers. Aim of the initiative to encourage consumers to choose financial advice to support them...
- Finding the focus on misselling. Love, Bruce // Money Marketing;9/11/2003, p3
Presents the misselling definitions and comments of independent financial advisers in Great Britain. Comment of Bob Perkins that the burden of proof should rest with the complainant who should demonstrate that the advice received was negligent; Definition of Adam Samuel that misselling is the...