Myrtle Beach, S.C., Sells $48M To Buy Up Troubled Hotel Debt
- Grady County, Okla., May Pay Jail Debt Service With Surplus. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p37
Reports on the plan of the local government of Grady County, Oklahoma to use its surplus cash for debt service payment on the revenue bonds that financed the four-story jail in Chickasha. Amount associated with the jail debt; Provision of the state law allowing a sinking-fund money to be...
- New Arena Plan Would Rely on Albuquerque Backing Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p6
Reports on the prospect for Albuquerque, New Mexico to back debt for a new multimillion-dollar arena. Provision of two bond issues through the Finance Authority; Requirement for Albuquerque to make debt payments if the revenue streams fell below projections; View of city officials on the...
- Uruguay: Fiscal Challenges Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p11
Deals with the fiscal challenges to Uruguay in 2005. Status of the US$ Global bond incurred by the country; Influence of the election of President Tabare Vazquez on the economy of the nation; Efforts of the administration of the President to implement crucial fiscal reforms in the country.
- Atlanta sees uptick in borrowing costs; wades through heavy supply. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p28
Reports on two borrowing deals issued by the city of Atlanta, Georgia during the week of November 19, 1998. Value of each transaction; Negative outlook assigned by Standard & Poor's to the city; Pricing of the general obligation bonds; Structure of the certificate of participation refunding deal.
- Argentina: Stalemate On Debt Talks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p11
Deals with the insistent demand of Argentina for a write-down in the face value of its bond debt. Flaws of the proposal; Warning to bond holders.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p33
Presents a chart depicting the changes in the bond transaction of several states in the U.S. as of July 26, 2005.
- Louisiana Approves $2 Billion, Half for Transportation. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32448, p36
The article reports on the Louisiana State Board Commission's approval of more than $2 billion of debt requests, including about $1 billion that will be issued to help fund transportation projects throughout the state beginning in 2006. The Louisiana Public Facilities Authority has received...
- Unjust guarantees. Basson, Deon // Finance Week;2/28/2005, p12
Reports on the status of the state debt of South Africa. Estimate on total public debt by the end of 2004/2005; Value of guarantees composing the state's contingent liabilities; Amount of guarantees issued in the 2004/2005 financial year for public utilities.
- Virginia's Diamond Dream. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p1
Reports on the provisions of the revised financing plan of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority in Virginia. Involvement of tax-exempt bonds backed by tax revenue in the new plan; Role of the state of Virginia to rebate the income, sales and other taxes collected regarding the stadium;...