- European Integration Under Pressure. Hefeker, Carsten // Intereconomics;May/Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p122
Analyzes the factors influencing the economic integration of European Union countries. Concept of economic integration; Benefits of the integration; Challenges faced by the region; Overview of the Growth and Stability Pact; Initiatives to improve the efficiency of the economy.
- O alargamento da Uniï¿½o Europï¿½ia e a Amï¿½rica Latina. De Rezende Martins, Estev�o // Revista Brasileira de Polï¿½tica Internacional;dic2004, p5
The European Union's expansion in 2004 owing to the unprecedented adhesion of ten countries simultaneously signaled a movement toward endogenous concentration based on intra-European means and efforts. This expansion entails further difficulties for EU's external relations, including those with...
- The EU economy examined. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr97, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the European Commission's publication of its annual economic report in February 1997 showing the European Union's (EU) poor economic performance in the first half of the 1990s. Factors behind poor economy; Proposed measures to boost the EU economy.
- Blood From a Stone. // America;1/2/2012, Vol. 206 Issue 1, p4
The article presents the author's comments on economic challenges facing the smaller European Union nations due to burdens imposed by bailing out failed financial institutions.
- Britain is a bargain. // Director;Sep96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p33
Reports that the United Kingdom is the cheapest country in the European Union, according to the result of an ECA International survey. Statistical information on the cost of living of the countries in the European Union; How Denmark and Japan rated in the survey.
- ...leads on Emas sites. // Chemical Week;10/1/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the number of sites registered under the European Union's Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (Emas). Country on the top list; Changes on the Emas' registrations in seven European countries according to a survey by Environmental Data Service (London); Number of registered sites in...
- THE EUROPEAN UNION AND EXPANSION TO THE EAST: ASPECTS OF ACCESSION, PROBLEMS, AND PROSPECTS FOR THE FUTURE. Medvec, Stephen E. // International Social Science Review;2009, Vol. 84 Issue 1/2, p66
The article explores the expansion of the European Union (EU) and the significance of the accession of the VisegrÃ¡d Group and Central European Free Trade Agreement (VisegrÃ¡d/CEFTA) states, which includes the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, and...
- Indian Economic Migration to the EU: Trends, Problems and Prospects. Srichandan, Shakti Prasad // IUP Journal of International Relations;Apr2015, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p7
Indian migrants have contributed significantly to the economic growth of European Union (EU) Member States. Indian workers reduced labor shortages in some sectors and brought with them entrepreneurship, diversity and innovation which increased labor market efficiency. They are responsive to...
- The Euro. Fernandez, Robert G. // Hispanic;Jul/Aug1999, Vol. 12 Issue 7/8, p94
Focuses on the European Monetary Union (EMU). Goal of EMU; Member countries of EMU; Significance of EMU; Implications of EMU to the business sector.