Undercover in Dewsbury: WALMSLEY'S
- Suppliers the new retailers? Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;12/16/2005, Issue 5469, p9
The article comments on the acquisition of the furniture chain, Walmsley Furnishings by one of its major suppliers, Seconique's Sean Quinn in Great Britain. Despite the acquisition and speculations of underperformance by several stores, the company's management team and existing retail model...
- Walmsley's bought in pre-pack deal. // Cabinet Maker;9/9/2011, Issue 5754, p10
The article reports that British furniture chain Walmsley Furnishing PLC has been sold by its administrators in a pre-pack deal in September 2011.
- Walmsley's moves back to health. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p6
The article reports on furniture retailer Walmsley's investment in a distribution center in the West Midlands and opening of a store in Wales in March 2007, after going into administration on December 1, 2005. Faster delivery of value furniture to customers will be enabled by the distribution...
- Mystery Shopper: Barnsley. // Cabinet Maker;7/5/2002, Issue 5294, p6
Evaluates several furniture stores in Barnsley, England. Acknowledgement and approach at Ice Interiors; Selling skills at Suite Success; Product knowledge of staff at Walmsley's.
- End in sight in 'toxic sofa' Case. // Cabinet Maker;9/4/2009, Issue 5653, p4
The article discusses issues related to the case of toxic sofa syndrome involving several furniture industry in Great Britain. It mentions that more than 5,000 consumers claimed damages for exposure to chemical irritant Dimethyl Fumarate (DMF) which are present in the furnitures sold by...
- Walmsley's to lose board duo. // Cabinet Maker;5/19/2006, Issue 5488, p4
Career developments involving employees from Walmsley Furnishings in England are discussed. Mike Quaiffe, buying director and Rodger Owen, finance director have resigned and will leave at the end of July. The resignations follow a period of upheaval for the retailer in which 34 of its 105 stores...
- Sitting on a time bomb. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;2/29/2008, Issue 5577, p10
The article focuses on the issue that more than 500 consumers are claiming compensation against some high profile furniture retailers after they allegedly received burns and blisters from sitting on sofas in Great Britain. A report from "Cabinet Maker" shows that China-based manufacturer...
- Mystery Shopper Middlebrough. // Cabinet Maker;05/04/2001, Issue 5236, p11
Presents a shopping experience at Walmsley Furnishings on Linthorpe Road in Great Britain.
- Wrexham store is demolished. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p4
Reports on the demolition of the Walmsley's Hill Street, Wrexham branch in Wales after a fire gutted the store.