Undercover in Dewsbury: HOMBARTS
- Planned June market in Canada canceled. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;2/19/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the cancellation of the first Connections West furniture market announced for June 2007 in Calgary, Alberta. The event, which is an apparent victim of mounting support for the Las Vegas Market by large and small furniture retailers, will be rethought and moved to Las Vegas...
- Looking for excitement. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;7/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p1
Reports that furniture retailers coming to the summer market in San Francisco, California want to put some excitement into their stores by giving consumers more of what they are asking for. One retailer on the lookout for smaller-scale upholstery and case goods; Growing interest in large dining...
- Store Openings. // Furniture/Today;4/17/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p28
The article reports on several store openings in the furniture industry and trade. Home Living Furniture has opened a 10,000-square-foot Broyhill Home Furnishings Gallery in Seoul, South Korea. Gray's Furniture has established on its store a La-Z-Boy gallery, 3,000 square foot gallery in Selma,...
- Voucher promotion. // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2005, Issue 5436, p6
The article reports that Furniture and Do It Yourself chain GlynWebb is to offer consumers an effective 20% discount on furniture purchases over the next two weeks. For every Â£ 25 spent on indoor furniture, shoppers will receive a Â£ 5 voucher, which can be used between May 23 and June 19,...
- Let's hear it for success. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;11/18/2005, Issue 5465, p9
Focuses on the launch of a campaign for the rejuvenation of the status of the furniture retail industry in Great Britain. Significance of the campaign for retailers; Basis of the campaign's concept; Services and activities offered by the campaign.
- Help at hand with first timers. Knight, Nick Drake // Cabinet Maker;6/10/2005, Issue 5442, p14
Provides selling tips for furniture retailers. Steps in a typical sales process; Citation of emotional drivers in selling; Importance of establishing the stage of the customer's buying process.
- Open to optimism. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2006, Issue 5471, p8
The article reports on the increase in the number of furniture retail stores in Great Britain. The trend was prevalent in the post-Christmas period. New stores include Furniture Village, Hellesden Leather, and Archers Sleep Centre. The openings suggest a positive outlook to furniture retail...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2004, Issue 5388, p5
Reports on developments related to the furniture retail industry in Great Britain, as of May 14, 2004.
- outside the box. Braverman, Glenn // Sarasota Magazine;Mar2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p59
The article focuses on the opening of the Box Furniture Boutique at the Whole Foods Market Center in Sarasota, Florida. The furniture pieces displayed in the retail store are made exclusively from the best Indonesian teak. It can give one's house the ambiance of exclusive hotels in Asia but at...