- Serta resigns from ISPA. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p1
Reports that Serta, one of the largest members of the International Sleep Products Association, has resigned from the bedding trade association. Reasons for Serta's resignation; Previous companies resigning from the association. INSETS: Serta statement;ISPA statement.
- Support your trade body. Spencer, Mike // Cabinet Maker;8/27/2004, Issue 5403, p6
Focuses on developments within the Association of Master Upholsters and Soft Furnishers (AMUSF). Challenges encountered by the association in maintaining its growing membership; Major activities of AMUSF; Significance of the trade association on the furniture industry.
- Social scene stays lively at Las Vegas Market. // Furniture/Today;2/2/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p43
A calendar of social events at the Las Vegas, Nevada furniture market from February 8-13, 2009 is presented, which includes a representative appreciation barbecue lunch, the Western Home Furnishings Association (WHFA) Buyers Breakfast, and the WHFA and National Home Furnishings Association's...
- 10 finalists up for Withlt's WOW awards. // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
Announces the ten industry leaders as finalists for the 2003 WOW awards given annually by Women in the Home Industries Today or WithIt in the U.S. Schedule and venue where the awards ceremony will be held; Names of the three nominees for the Legacy Award; Candidates for the Mentoring Award;...
- WHFA plans 2nd academy. // Furniture/Today;4/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p80
Reports on Roseville, California-based Western Home Furnishings Association's (WHFA)plan to offer a second offering of its inaugural WHFA Academy. Highlights of the event; Contact information.
- SFC looking for members during market. // Furniture/Today;3/26/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p1
The article reports that the Sustainable Furniture Council (SFC) has completed its legal incorporation in Delaware. SFC is a nonprofit industry association committed to promoting sustainable manufacturing and related business practices. It also aims to raise awareness about environmentally...
- NEWS FROM Casual Living. // Furniture/Today;3/17/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p16
The article presents news briefs concerning the furniture industry in the United States. Dudley Flanders has been appointed chairman of the International Casual Furnishings Association. Patio Now has opened a retail outlet in Fort Myers, Florida. Paul Wyckoff has been promoted to vice president...
- IFSA moves forward as NHFA Suppliers Division. // Furniture/Today;8/7/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 47, special section p11
The article reports on the changes in the International Furniture Suppliers Association's (IFSA). "Home Furnishings Industry Supplier" is the new name of "Furniture Report," the official publication of the IFSA. The IFSA has the additional designation as the Suppliers Division of National Home...
- Help1Up breakfast event set for March 29. // Furniture/Today;3/26/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p22
The article reports that home furnishings industry charitable organization Help1Up is holding a launch gala during the High Point Market furniture industry trade show and exhibition in the U.S. The breakfast event will be held on March 29, 2007 at the International Home Furnishings Center's...