- Retailers praise first market. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;8/1/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the success of the 2005 furniture industry trade show and exhibition in the World Market Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, in the point of view of retailers. Praise about the design of the building, showrooms, and goods they picked up; Dealers could curtail or end trips to shows in High...
- Events. // Cabinet Maker;5/21/2004, Issue 5389, p8
Presents a calendar of events related to the furniture industry and furniture retail trade from May to October, 2004. Sasmil-International Exhibition of Accessories and Semi-finished Products on May 26-30; XyleXpo-International Salon of Woodworking Technology on May 26-30; NeoCon on June 3-6;...
- Canadian retailers still cautious. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the trend among furniture retailers to establish operations in Canada. Caution expressed by the retailers regarding their prospects for 2005; Factors affecting the furniture retail trade; Challenges faced by the industry.
- Tabletop Serves Up Sales. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p30
The article reports on the move of savvy casual furniture retailers to capitalize on the U.S. citizens' love of living and entertaining outdoors by accessorizing their products. It states that nearly 54% of stores included in the 100 Powerhouse Retailers of "Casual Living" mentioned that they...
- Furniture TV blitz grabs top brand slots. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p4
Reports that furniture and furnishings retailers scored as three of the top four most advertised brands on TV in Great Britain. B&Q; DFS; Homebase.
- Orpington/Bromley. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p30
Examines the furniture stores in Orpington, London, England, and concludes that this busy and affluent commuter town is a good location for furniture retailers. Ethan Allen; Furniture Village; MFI; Thornburrow and Co.; Harveys.
- A return to sales growth? // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p8
Analyzes whether the return to sales growth of furniture and furnishings retailers in Great Britain will last for the rest of 2004. Sales rise in the household textiles market; Recovery in the carpet and floorcoverings sector; Rise in the value of sales.
- Undercover in Peterborough. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p14
Features furniture stores in Peterborough, England. Furniture Village; Multiyork; Courts; Furnitureland.
- Store Openings. // Furniture/Today;3/17/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p28
The article reports on furniture store openings in the U.S. as of March 17, 2008. Hastens has opened a store on Beverly Boulevard in California. Retailers Heidi and Andy Jarski have opened a store featuring products from Shadow Mountain. Carls Patio has opened two showrooms in Florida and...