- WALL STREET WATCH FOR THE WEEK ENDED APRIL 8, 2004. // Home Textiles Today;4/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p30
Reports on the performance of retail stocks for the week ending April 8, 2004. Performance of manufacturers and suppliers' stocks; Department stores that experienced stock gains.
- Investors wary of rate increases. De Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;5/31/2004, p23
Discusses the market condition of the retail industry in South Africa as of June 2004. Increase in profits of retailers; Forecast on the share prices of the industry; Reasons for the dull performance of the industry in 2002 and 2003.
- Sales booming, but deflation a problem. de Dkerk, Vic // Finance Week;1/24/2005, p26
Focuses on the fall in the share price of retail stores in South Africa. Effect of lower interest and inflation on profit margins; List of retail stores and the corresponding drop in their share prices; Impact of the decline on investors of retail stocks.
- Your guide to the share data. // Money (Australia Edition);Feb2009, Issue 109, p94
The article presents an overview of the share data from Commonwealth Securities (CommSec) of Australia and the results of Australian retailers in Christmas 2008. It explains the basis of the charts listing the most traded stocks and the top shakers in Australia. Anecdotal evidence has revealed...
- Firm bids to buy ShopKo, move retailer private. Heiller, Laura // DSN Retailing Today;4/25/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p3
This article informs that ShopKo Stores Inc. has agreed to be acquired by a private equity firm in a move that would take the retailer private and put the future of the United States' last remaining regional discount department store chain in question. An affiliate of Minneapolis-based private...
- Sale Talk Lifts Children's Place Stock. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/15/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 79, p15
The article reports on an increase in the stock prices of The Children's Place Retail Stores Inc. on October 12, 2007. The company's stock climbed 5.1 percent to close at $23.92. Media reports of a possible sale followed news of the company's declining stock prices for 2006 and an internal...
- FOREIGN AFFAIRS. Davis, Glynn // In-Store;Mar2008, p17
The author comments on Tesco's decision to look for 10,000 sq m multi-floor stores in city centres in Great Britain. He states that the pessimistic view from Tesco's retail analysts helped push its share price to near 12-month low of 380p. He notes that Tesco's success in the overseas market has...
- THE WEEK IN STOCKS. // SN: Supermarket News;12/22/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 51, p23
Several charts are presented including the market summary of stocks, most active as percentage of shares outstanding, and the SN Composite Index.
- The Week in Stocks. // SN: Supermarket News;7/5/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 27, p46
Provides information on stocks of selected retailers in the U.S. as of July 1, 2004. Share prices of Pathmark; Most active stocks in trading; Prices of stocks of retailers and wholesalers.