Bid speculation gives House of Fraser a lift
- HOUSE OF FRASER HITS BELFAST. Jones, Nina // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/24/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 63, p2
The article reports on the launch of a retail store in Belfast, Northern Ireland by British department store House of Fraser. The company has upped the store's premium brand content, with shop-in-shop units including an Anya Hindmarch concession with mirrored, Art Deco fixtures and an Agent...
- HoF profit sharing deal on the cards. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p8
Reports on the increase in the share price of House of Fraser on the belief of analysts at Arbuthnot Securities who believe that a deal with store card finance providers will include a lucrative profit sharing agreement.
- House of Fraser. // Estates Gazette;10/4/2003 Supplement, Issue 340, p33
Reports on the delay in the opening of the House of Fraser store in Northern Ireland. Reasons for the delay; Difficulties within Northern Ireland's political machinery; Comment from Steve Hibbert, operations director at House of Fraser.
- Roja Dove Expanding to House of Fraser. Costello, Brid // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/15/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 32, p15
The article reports that House of Fraser retail stores will house Roja Dove Perfumerie. The 400-square-foot spaces will carry a selection of prestige scents selected by Dove and will offer personal consultations and olfactory profiling for customers. Items available will include Balenciaga's Le...
- House of Fraser. // Marketing (00253650);2/4/2009, p55
The article presents the corporate profile of the House of Fraser PLC Ltd. (HoF), a retailer which is based in London, England. HoF employs 6500 people and has 62 stores in Great Britain and Ireland. It is selling designer labels including ChloÃ© and Paul Smith and French Connection. It works...
- Sales down but M &S shares gain. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;7/22/2005, Issue 5448, p6
The article reports on the stock market performance of several retailers in Great Britain. Marks & Spencer Group PLC showed improvement in food sales and has gained 23 points. Homeware sales decreased by 22.3 percent. House of Fraser PLC lost three points while Airsprung gained 15 points of...
- House of Fraser to open discount stores. Singh, Sonoo // Marketing Week;9/18/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p56
The article reports that House of Fraser Ltd. is experimenting an outlet store that will sell only discount lines. The launch of the new format is in response to the tough retail environment, which will include products at a discount of up to 70%. Since 2001, the retailer's visitor share has...
- House Of Fraser To Resurrect Biba. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/20/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 60, p2
The article reports on the relaunch of retailer House of Fraser (Stores) Ltd. on the's Biba product line in London, England. House of Fraser aims to transform Biba into a cross-generational and affordable fashion brand with at least 20 million pounds in annual revenues. It points out that the...
- Kingfisher falls while M&S rises. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p6
Reports on the performance of various furniture retailers in the stock market in Great Britain. Amount of pre-tax loss of the House of Fraser PLC; Percentage of decrease in share price for Marks & Spencer Group PLC; Increase in margins for leather furniture.