MFI seeks to recoup its pension shortfall
- It's all in the detail. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2004, Issue 5388, p3
Comments on the delay in the discovery of the accounting error at retailer MFI which has resulted in a shortfall in pension money.
- MFI targets women with plan for stores overhaul. Clark, Nicola // Marketing (00253650);9/19/2007, p4
The article reports that MFI (UK) Ltd. is redesigning its network of stores in Great Britain in an effort to make them female-friendly with additions such as Starbucks coffee outlets and children's play areas. The work is intended to encourage consumers to spend more time in its outlets. It is...
- MFI Homeworks nearly finished. // Housewares;Jan/Feb98, Issue 138, p4
Reveals that MFI has only few stores left to convert to its Homeworks format after the conversion of additional stores. Revenues of MFI.
- MFI plans 45 high street showrooms. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/04/2000, Issue 5199, p4
Focuses on MFI's plan to introduce 45 high street stores from 2000 to 2004.
- MFI to relaunch as online store. // DIY Week;11/18/2011, p4
The article reports on the plans of MFI to relaunch as an online-only retailer and offer bedroom and bathroom ranges including living and dining room furniture.
- Retailer of the Year title goes to MFI. // Cabinet Maker;03/09/2001, Issue 5228, p23
Reports the selection of MFI as Retailer of the Year during the Your Home Awards 2001 in London, England.
- Early lift for MFI winter sale. // Cabinet Maker;1/24/2003, Issue 5321, p7
Reports on the increase of the winter sales in retail trading of MFI in Great Britain.
- Shifting balance sheet liabilities. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;05/15/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p36
Highlights the availability of products such as terminal funding contracts to help companies retire long-term pension liabilities. Use of a loss portfolio transfer approach; Accounting considerations; Factors to consider before using such products.
- Actuaries and accountants: a communication gap? McLeish, David // Accountancy;May79, Vol. 90 Issue 1029, p64
Reports on misunderstandings to the changing pension schemes in Great Britain. Accounting for pension costs in company accounts; Considerations on salary scheme and salary progression; Establishment of the existing asset liability.