Headhunters to search for new M&S chairman
- My Week... by Steve Rowe. Tush, Bill // Grocer;1/16/2016, p69
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of working at British retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) as of January 2016.
- The Grocer Cup goes to Marks & Spencer food boss Steve Rowe. Yeomans, Jon // Grocer;10/11/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8176, p66
The article announces that retailer Marks & Spencer's (M&S) executive director of food Steve Rowe won the 2014 Grocer Cup at the IGD Awards 2014 on October 7.
- News. Sidders, Jack // Estates Gazette;1/9/2016, Issue 898, p03
The article announces the resignation of Marc Bolland as chief executive officer (CEO) of retailer Marks & Spencer, along with the appointment of Steve Rowe as his successor.
- M&S adds new lines. // Cabinet Maker;12/19/97, Issue 5069, p36
Reports that Marks & Spencer has appointed in-house bard Peter Sansom to bring out the creative talent of the chain's 57,000 British staff at in-store readings and workshops.
- In Search of a Superhero. // Chain Store Age;Apr2007, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p12A
Information on issues discussed at the 2007 Main & Wall Conference is presented. Retailers and financial experts attending a conference session discussed the challenges of management succession. Gary Sugarman of Steve & Barry's University Sportswear believes there is a misplaced emphasis on the...
- Take charge when a headhunter calls. Reynolds, Smooch S. // Communication World;Dec98/Jan99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p28
Offers advice on how to respond to calls from executive search firms. Viewing the call as an opportunity and not an annoyance; Dual roles of the contacted professional; Candidate referral; Development of a professional relationship with the recruiter; Short- and long-term benefits of the...
- Is a headhunter in your future? Sherrod, Lena // Essence (Essence);Dec98, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p56
Presents some advice to get the most from using a headhunter. Sending resumes to dozens of search firms; Mailing a cover letter with the resume; Treating the recruiter as a confidant; Avoiding telephone calls to a search firm.
- MANAGERIAL JOBSEEKING: METHODS AND TECHNIQUES. Dyer, Lee D. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec72, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p29
Presents job searching methods for managers in Southern California. Annual salary before and mean salary after unemployment; Use rates, efficiency and effectiveness of job search methods; Salary levels attained by method used to obtain job.
- What Recruiters Won't Tell You. Kennedy, Marilyn Moats // Healthcare Executive;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p64
Cites examples of information headhunters are not willing to share with job seekers. Negative details about the organization, boss, or co-workers; Other candidates the headhunter is presenting; Determination of the compensation package; Assessment of whether one would succeed in the organization.