Rosebys to be sold to cut Homestyle debts
- The effects of leveraged buyouts. Smith, Abbie // Business Economics;Apr90, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p19
Discusses the impact of leveraged buyouts (LBOs) on the corporate structure. Explosion of LBOs' brought about by economic expansion; Corporate tax savings and LBOs; Ability of firms to sustain postbuyout returns; Reasons behind growth of LBO activity.
- Reverse LBOs. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p46
Presents charts depicting the major leveraged and management buyout companies, leveraged build-ups and selected recapitalizations that went public in the United States, in the period covered from September 1, 1997 to August 31, 1998. Includes reverse leveraged buyouts (LBOs); Biggest winners...
- Who wants to be a millionaire? Gant, Joanna // Director;Dec1997, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p42
Discusses the management buy-outs and buy-ins boom in the United Kingdom. How the availability of funds from venture capital contributes to the trend; Stockmarket performance of buy-out/in companies from July 1, 1996 to June 30, 1997; Top performing management buy-out companies. INSETS: Hello...
- Who wants to be a millionaire? // Marketing Week;6/3/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p3
Discusses the factors affecting a management buyout. Corporate politics; Short- to medium-term profit objectives; Importance of considering shareholder interests.
- Chasing rain-MBOs. Benady, David; Farnham, James // Marketing Week;6/3/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p26
Discusses the economic advantages and disadvantages of a management buyout (MBO). Difference between conventional marketing and marketing in MBOs; Difficulties of finding future MBO opportunities; Factors driving the success of a MBO.
- Auditors are not social pariahs after all. // Accountancy;Aug1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1248, p13
Reports on the interest of managers in buying out their businesses in Great Britain.
- A public to private surge. // Accountancy;Jun99, Vol. 123 Issue 1270, p60
Reports on the management buyouts in Great Britain in the first quarter of 1999, according to the Centre for Management Buyout Research.
- Bondholder wealth effects of management buyouts. Cook, Douglas O.; Easterwood, John C.; Martin, John D. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Spring1992, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p102
This paper presents a study of the impact of 29 management buyouts (MBOs), announced during the years 1981-1989, on the value of the firms' outstanding nonconvertible bonds. An MBO is simply a leveraged buyout in which the incumbent managers participate in the equity ownership of the post-buyout...
- Leveraged Lending Soaring in M&A Boom. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;1/22/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 14, p9
The author suggests that the current boom in private equity has supported a range of investments and deals that are far more notable for the debt they support than the equity behind them. He notes that the value of global mergers and acquisitions deals set records in 2006 and the worldwide value...