Ignore EMU at your peril
- A Yankee recipe for a EuroFed omelet. Graboyes, Robert F. // Economic Review (00946893);Jul/Aug90, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p18
Presents an American model suggesting a way to stabilize the European Monetary Union by disengaging it from everyday politics. District lines; Decentralization; National political coalitions.
- European monetary union status uncertain, says German Banker. // Economic Review (07321813);Jan-Mar97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the implementations of the European Monetary Union (EMU). Importance of the concept of convergence among all potential members of the European Monetary Union; Comparisons of the planned EMU with the United States; How continental Europe is experiencing a substantial decoupling of tax...
- Decision time for the European Monetary Union. Whitt Jr., Joseph A. // Economic Review (07321813);1997 3rd Quarter, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p20
Examines the economic and political factors that will determine whether the European Monetary Union will proceed as scheduled. Timetable for the monetary union; Convergence criteria used in determining which country are ready to join; Market-based probabilities of monetary union.
- European Monetary Union: Evidence from Structural VARs. Whitt Jr., Joseph A. // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta);Mar1995, Vol. 1995 Issue 1, preceding page p1
Examines the historical pattern of aggregate demand and supply shocks in several European Monetary System countries in order to assess the desirability of monetary union. Use of structural vector autoregressive models (VARs) to estimate the fundamental demand and supply shocks; Results...
- Old world, new ideas. Tannenbaum, Carl R. // Secured Lender;May/Jun98, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p78
Focuses on European and Monetary Union (EMU) efforts to enforce an evolution from the nationalist structure that has prevailed for countries towards a more unified continent with reference to the establishment of a common currency, called the euro. Information on the euro; When the...
- The exchange rate mechanism's role in the European Monetary System. Hamwi, I.S.; Niroomand, F. // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p212
Focuses on the role of exchange rate mechanism n the European Community monetary supply. Creation of the European Monetary System (EMS) to restore stability of European exchange rates; Elements of the EMS.
- What is the optimal size of a monetary union? Tori, Cynthia Royal // International Review of Economics & Finance;1997, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p57
Focuses on the optimal size of a monetary union. Description of the area that literature on monetary unions usually focus on; References to related studies; Description of the factors that control the size of the union; Effects on the size of a monetary union if countries decide to...
- On the way to a new monetary union. Schlesinger, Helmut // Review (00149187);May/Jun94, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p3
Presents speech by the former president of the Deutsche Bundesbank, given before the Eight Annual Homer Jones Memorial Lecture, dealing with the issue of the European Monetary Union.
- New Europe currency means change for U.S. Bridgeforth Jr., Arthur // Crain's Detroit Business;05/18/98, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p12
States that the euro will be implemented in 1999 by the European Monetary Union as the common currency for 11 Western European nations. Indication that computer-system conversions will be made at many United States (U.S.) companies which do business with Europe; Identification of some of the...