- Website of the Week. Acrnall, Douglas // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/21/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7170, p1462
Features the Web site of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents. Safety measures suggested; Information on surfing the net.
- Defining the safety professional. Williams, Jerry L. // Professional Safety;Feb98, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p13
States that the American Society of Safety Engineers' House of Delegates assigned the task to define the terms `safety professional' and `safety practitioner,' to its Council on Professional Affairs. What are the key components of a profession; What is a safety professional and a safety...
- ASSE's pikes peak chapter issues call for technical presentations. // Professional Safety;Aug98, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the efforts of the American Society of Safety Engineers' Pikes Peak Chapter to get papers for presentation at its Second Annual Conference on Issues in Safety Management. Theme of the conference; When the conference is expected to take place in Colorado Springs, Colorado; Topics to be...
- Make sure home is safe for visiting children. // New York Amsterdam News;12/12/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 50, p18
Focuses on the safety guidelines issued by Medical Society of the State of New York for children who visit other people's home. Elders' vigil for dangerous spots; Cleanness of the house after any party; Phone numbers for emergency.
- KvÃ¦rner wins safety award. // Process Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the President's Award presented by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents to the Engineering and Construction division of Kv Ã¦ rner.
- News from Wales. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;12/4/2008, p29
The article reports on the accident prevention network for children and youth in Wales. It cites that the Children in Wales is organizing Wales-wide accident prevention network for children and young people. It is believed that the organization can reduce accidents rates in Wales through...
- Treasurer's Message. ALA: Dollars and Sense. González, Mario // American Libraries;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 44 Issue 11/12, p6
The article discusses the financial strategies and plans for the American Library Association (ALA) in 2013 and 2014. The author looks at the endowment of the ALA, the portion of revenue that the ALA devotes to library advocacy, and library access to print and digital format sources. The article...
- Executive Director's Message. Ware, Jeffrey A. // American Rose;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p8
In this article the author discusses some of the progress of the American Rose Society (ARS). It notes the organization's reduction in its operating expenses, saving more than 200,000 dollars in the 2012 budget compared with the 2007 budget. It also mentions the development of a network of...
- Treasurer's Message. Financially Healthy. González, Mario // American Libraries;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 46 Issue 1/2, p7
The article reports on the financial status of the American Library Association (ALA) in the 2014 fiscal year.A discussion of factors which led to a financially successful year for the association, including a strong 2014 Midwinter Meeting & Exhibits, a very strong showing at the 2014 ALA Annual...