- The company secretary's fact-finder. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Nov98, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p12
Presents information on the Company Secretary's FactFinder, a reference service from Gee Publishing company. Purpose of the reference service; Information provided by the reference service; Accessibility of the FactFinder.
- The Role of the Library Web Site. Diaz, Karen // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p41
Examines the issues, resources and technologies presented at library Web sites which impact reference and user service. Components of quality reference and user service; Extent of the issues and resources examined; Roles the library Web sites can play.
- Reference Service in a Digital Age. Lipow, Anne Grodzins // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p47
Deals with a series of articles on digital reference service presented by the United States Library of Congress and the Library Solutions Institute. Issues related to digital reference service.
- Http://digiref.scenarios.issues. Koyama, Janice T. // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p51
Discusses the development of library remote reference service. Proposed scenarios on the development of remote reference; Four issues that should be considered in conjunction with these scenarios.
- AskA's. Lankes, R. David // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p63
Outlines some of the ideas on how reference and users services will function in digital environment as its relates to K-12 digital reference service. Discussion on the K-12 digital reference service; Impact of the Internet on reference service; Advent of digital libraries; Changing roles of...
- Electronic Reference Services. Sloan, Bernie // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p77
Suggests that electronic reference services are in need of guidelines, similar to those used to guide the development of library support for distance learning and branch libraries. Identification of the issues that need to be considered in the development of such guidelines; Suggested guidelines...
- TANSTAAFL: In Search of the Free Lunch and No-Cost/Low-Cost Full-Text Archives. Bates, Mary Ellen // Searcher;Jun2000, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p55
Focuses on the low or free Web-based information sources. Information on Factiva's Dow Jones Interactive Publications Library; Background on the Electric Library site from Infonautics; Only objection to the `Financial Times' newspaper site.
- Wilson Databases: An Important Step Towards the Virtual Library. Ripp Safford, Barbara // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p29
Part V. Provides information on WilsonWeb, an electronic reference resources of author H.W. Wilson. Online biographical resources; Progress towards the creation of virtual library; How to access the Web site; His contribution to the development of virtual libraries.
- Digital Reference Services in Academic Libraries. Janes, Joseph; Carter, David; Memmott, Patricia // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Winter99, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p145
Reports on a survey which identified the proportion of libraries conducting digital reference service and examined the characteristics of those services. What is digital reference; Methodology; Results; Discussion; Conclusions.