Chrysalis Places Book Division On Selling Block
- Chrysalis in strong position to expand. // Music Week;5/17/2003, Issue 19, p2
Discusses the corporate status of the media group Chrysallis. Negotiations with a consortium for the possible sale of its television division; Plans to expand the radio business at a reasonable cost; Corporate revenue performance of its radio, television, music and publishing business from...
- TRY SOMETHING NEW! Le Beau, Christina // Crain's Chicago Business;1/14/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p19
The article offers information on the New Year's resolutions by some local entrepreneurs in Chicago, Illinois for a more profitable and more productive business. According to Mike Miller of Gaga's LLC, his company will make additional features of its web site. Renee Wood of Comfort Co. will hire...
- Are you managing without goals? Heller, Robert // Director;Aug2003, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p30
Presents suggestions for entrepreneurs on strategic planning for their business. Importance of analyzing the existing condition of the business and vision for its position in future; Need for directors to work on steps needed to achieve projected targets themselves; Reason why owner-managers of...
- Four paths to failure. James, David // BRW;5/13/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p67
Describes the four types of synergy that could justify a company's growth strategy, according to Shayne Gary, senior lecturer at the Australian Graduate School of Management. Financial synergy; Operational synergy; General-management synergy; Market-power synergies.
- Actions Speak Louder Than Strategy. Morgan, Mark; Levitt, Raymond E.; Malek, William // Conference Board Review;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p10
The article presents the authors' views on the importance of implementation of business plans in growth of an organization. According to the authors, it is important for corporate leaders to come much closer to describing where their organization will be in two years' time by describing their...
- Radio chiefs wait for Chrysalis to hatch its plans. Parry, Caroline // Marketing Week;2/22/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the intent of Chrysalis Group PLC to sell its radio and music channels in Great Britain. Accordingly, the decision has been expected to generate consolidation activities within the radio industry. Such decision was carried out due to its failure to acquire Century stations...
- Chrysalis cuts jobs at books arm. // Printing World;8/11/2005, Vol. 291 Issue 6, p13
Reports on media group Chrysalis' plans to cut jobs in an attempt to improve profitability at its books division. Launching of a consultation period; Departure from the children's and promotional book publishing sector.
- Chris Wright back in the picture. // Televisual;Nov2004, p13
Reports on the purchase of more than half of stake in Portman Film and TV by Chris Wright, Chrysalis Group chairman and founder. Impetus to the move of Wright; Impact of the transaction on the shows of Portman.
- Chrysalis creates new synchronisation team. Williams, Paul // Music Week;9/13/2003, Issue 36, p4
Reports on the creation of a synchronization team at Chrysallis Music, in a coordinated move to fill the gap left by the departure of its synchronization head Tracie London-Rowell and her deputy Marc Robinson in Great Britain. Selection of Suzi Scott as senior licensing manager and Neil Mulford...