Sales drop but Collins and Hayes says the worst is over
- Upholstery: Few bright spots. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p33
The article reports on the performance of the upholstery segment of the furniture industry in the U.S. for 2006. Sales for stationary sofas and chairs in 2006 are estimated at $13.45 billion, compared to the Katrina-devastated year of 2005 in which sales was $11.77 billion. Nevertheless, many...
- Collins & Hayes move. // Cabinet Maker;5/20/2005, Issue 5439, p5
The article reports that the furniture manufacturer Collins & Hayes is hoping to boost sales by importing upholstery and increasing profits by reorganising its Great Britain-based furniture factory. The imported products, which will be introduced in the summer of 2005, will be restricted to...
- Leather category treacling water. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p36
The article reports that while the leather upholstery category of the furniture industry in the U.S. was challenged by competition from imports, changes in pricing and executive changes, some remain optimistic. Retail sales were estimated at $6.53 billion in 2006, maintaining its 26 percent...
- Profits dive at manufacturer. // Cabinet Maker;10/21/2005, Issue 5461, p6
Focuses on the decline of the pre-tax corporate profits of the fabric upholstery manufacturer Collins and Hayes in the last half of 2005 in Great Britain. Assessment of the factors that would help improve the company's financial performance; Thoughts of company executives regarding their...
- Leather up but sales down at Collins&Hayes. // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p4
Reports on the business performance of British furniture manufacturer Collins & Hayes in the first half of 2002. Decline in sales; Growth in leather upholstery products.
- Profits reach upwards for demerged Collins and Hayes. // Cabinet Maker;5/3/2002, Issue 5285, p1
Reports on the increase of the pre-tax profits of upholstery manufacturer Collins and Hayes in England. Range of the amount of turnover of the company; Financial statements of the company after demerging from Aquarius Group; Growth of the sales of leather covered furniture.
- Flexsteel 30 sales sag 5.7%; earnings off 13.6%. // Furniture/Today;4/30/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p46
The article reports on the financial performance of upholstery manufacturer Flexsteel Industries Inc. in the U.S. in the third-quarter ended March 31, 2007. According to the company, sales were 5.7 percent below the comparable period in 2006, while net income fell 13.6 percent. The company adds...
- Losses widen at Collins and Hayes. // Cabinet Maker;1/23/2015, Issue 5917, p6
The article reports on the widening losses of upholstery manufacturer Collins & Hayes Ltd. in 2014 due to the decisions of retailers to exit or subside their presence in the furniture market in Great Britain.
- Updated digital offering from East-Sussex supplier. // Cabinet Maker;1/9/2015, Issue 5915, p12
The article reports that upholstered furniture manufacturer Collins and Hayes has launched its newly overhauled website, which incorporates a guarantee-registering facility and more image rich home page.