Rescued firm lasts only four months
- Frayling keeps UK design base. // Cabinet Maker;6/27/2003, Issue 5344, p5
Reports that Frayling Furniture Ltd. will maintain production design base in Great Britain. Outsourcing of production of lower end and middle market designs to China or Europe; Success of the company's Frayling designed Chinese made Hand Sprung range; Overhead cuts.
- European Furniture Brands throws a lifebelt for Frayling. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;12/19/2003, Issue 5369, p3
Reports on the acqusition of Frayling Furniture Ltd. by the European Furniture Brands company. Analysis on the revenue growth of the firm; Number of private investors; Assessment on the total debts of the company.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;8/01/2003, Issue 5349, p5
Reports developments related to the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain as of August 2003. Call for entries to the 2004 Queen's Awards for Enterprise; Increase of retail sales volume for the month of June; Return of Frayling Furniture Limited into the BFM London Furniture Show.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2004, Issue 5371, p87
Reports developments in the furniture industry as of January 2004. Revenge of H&G Ash against Frayling Furniture Ltd.; Outfit of Terry Ball, managing director of William Ball at the firm's birthday celebration; Holiday bookings of the furniture trade. INSETS: Bum's the word...;Making the...
- Firms to sell inventory, leases at Rhodes stores. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;12/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the bid of Great American Group to liquidate and sell inventory and leases at several Rhodes Furniture Co. stores in the U.S. Firms behind the business sales; Financial terms; Developments under the company's business operations.
- Wickes liquidation set. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;3/3/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Bankruptcy Court's approval of liquidation plan for Wheeling, Illinois-based Wickes Furniture Co. It is stated that a group of liquidators is paying nearly $17 million as the highest bidder for the inventory and rights to run the going-out-of-business sales....
- Gold sees more growth for spun-off producer. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;4/14/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p2
Reports that furniture company The Mitchell Gold Company sees more growth with partner upholstery maker Walfra Investment Partners in the United States. Terms of the deal; Benefits for both companies; Consultation with equity investors.
- Staff cutbacks at Frayling. // Cabinet Maker;4/19/2002, Issue 5283, p2
Reports the dismissal of employees in two of the plants of Frayling Furniture. Number of employees dismissed; Reasons for reducing workforce.
- Frayling sales figures reflect imports blow. // Cabinet Maker;06/28/2002, Issue 5293, p4
Reports on the sales drop posted by Frayling FurnitureLtd. in 2001. Amount of loss posted by the firm for the year; Outlook of the company on its prospects for 2002.