- Mid-year economic check-up finds region healthier. Deur, Garth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/1/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p18
The article discusses the highlights of the W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Report into the state of local and state economies. The report showed mixed trends for Michigan, indicating that manufacturing activity is resurgent in the state with 6.3% increase in manufacturing employment...
- The Employment Situation. Yoonsoo Lee; Mowry, Beth // Economic Trends (07482922);May2008, p12
The article presents the April Employment Report in the U.S. The report shows that rate of unemployment for the month still indicates a weak labor market and the goods-producing sector as a whole continued to decline, however, the service-providing industries created 90,000 jobs, an impressive...
- Manufacturing employment remains steady in CNY. A. R. // Business Journal (Central New York);8/18/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p15
The article reports on trends pertaining to the employment levels in the manufacturing industry in New York which indicates that employment showed little change as of August 2006. In June, the manufacturing industry employed 33,300 in the Syracuse metropolitan statistical area, according to the...
- TREND. // Business North Carolina;Dec2003, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p11
Presents a tabular and graphical representations of economic trends and indicators in North Carolina, as of August 2003. Employment; Retail sales; Transportation.
- NC TREND. // Business North Carolina;Dec2010, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p8
Several charts and graphs are presented that show data on business and economic trends in North Carolina in 2010, including employment, taxable retail sales and air passenger boardings.
- NC TREND. // Business North Carolina;Jun2008, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
Several charts are presented that show economic and business trends in North Carolina, including employment, taxable retail sales and hotel occupancy.
- CHARTING THE ECONOMY. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;5/30/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p3
Deals with the economic trends influencing the performance of the business sector of Nevada in May 2005. Increase in the employment rate in the state; Improvements in the taxable retail sales of companies in the region; Growth in the valuation of real properties in the area.
- TREND. // Business North Carolina;Dec2004, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
Presents statistics on several economic trends in North Carolina as of December 2004. Employment rate; Retail sales; Electric utilities; Hotel occupancy.
- SPARK OF HOPE. Ryan, Jim T. // Central Penn Business Journal;4/23/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p1
The article discusses the recovery of manufacturing sector in Pennsylvania. It states that 1600 small manufacturing jobs have been added in February 2010 and 900 in March 2010. It notes that the manufacturing-activity index has increased by 1.3 points while inventories index has also increased...