Committee backs Lord Kirkham's higher offer
- Tenders. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/22/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 34, p29
Presents a list of tender offers from companies and organizations in the Middle East as of August 22, 2003. Air coolants; Conductor separators; Scientific works.
- MSC Puts Off One Suitor; Others in Wings? Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;12/13/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p3
The article focuses on the putting off a takeover bid of MSC.Software Corp. by ValueAct Partners LP, a San Francisco hedge fund that in September offered $275 million to take the company private. The deal gives MSC time to complete a yearlong financial review related to options and sales at an...
- Sparks fly as deadline looms. Ferguson, Renee Boucher // eWeek;11/22/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p16
The article informs that the at-times-nasty battle between Oracle Corp. and PeopleSoft Inc. took on an even more bitter tone last week as the clock ticked off the final moments of the $24-per-share tender offer deadline. In its attempts to acquire PeopleSoft, Oracle has raised and lowered its...
- Neiman Marcus Sale: Two Pursuers Near Second-Round Bids. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/18/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 82, p1
Reports that the bid process for Neiman Marcus Group is nearing completion in 2005. Statistics on initial offers for the firm; Stock performance of Neiman Marcus on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2005; Plans of the firm Saks' for selling its nameplates.
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 4.510%, 4.580%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p2
The article discusses the increase of tender rates for the 91-day and 182-day discount bills of the U.S. Treasury Department in February 2006, after incurring a three-month high rate of 4.510 percent from 4.450 percent, and a six-month high rate of 4.580 percent from 4.545 percent.
- The Question on Everyone's Mind Is there still a SPAC market? ELLENOFF, DOUGLAS S. // Equities;Oct2008, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p46
The author looks into the market of special-purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) which he believes has been challenged by the situation in the stock market. He reflects on the condition of SPAC financings in 2007, highlighting the efforts sponsors and underwriters to raise capital or close a...
- Simon's path to prosperity paved with plastic. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p4
Reports developments in the business sector in Indiana as of December 2002. Feasibility of the visa gift card from Simon Property Group Inc.; Impetus to the financial issues confronting Waterfield Mortgage; Development in the bid of First Indiana Corp. for MetroBanCorp.
- Furniture stocks summary 5/20-5/27. // Furniture/Today;5/31/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p4
Reports on the stock performance of furniture companies in the U.S. from May 20 to 27, 2004.
- Westbrook to underwrite O Twelve offer. // Estates Gazette;12/18/2010, Issue 1050, p32
This article reports on the plan of property investment company O Twelve Estates to raise 35 million pounds of new equity through a sale of shares.