Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Pearson Launches Global Business Book Unit. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;1/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the plan of Pearson Education to launch an international business book publishing operation that will bring together the resources of its subsidiaries. Overview of its venture plans; Books to be released through the venture; Titles of books to be published by ft.com books.
- In "Best Year Ever," Pearson Ed. Drives 2005 Revenue Up 16% in School, Up 5% in Higher Education. // Educational Marketer;3/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the performance of Pearson Education Inc. in New Jersey for the year 2005. Pearson has performed well in capturing high market share and in generating growth. Its revenue increased by 16 percent. The company is developing new marketing strategies to acquire more growth for...
- Exclusive: Pearson Education Titles Capture 46.2% of the New/Used College Math Textbook Market in 2005. // Educational Marketer;3/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the increase in sales for the mathematics textbooks published by Pearson Education Inc. during the year 2005. Pearson Education lead as the bestseller company among the top nine math textbook publishers in 2004-2005. Monument Information Resource estimates 527 million...
- Pearson Education Maintains Spot At Top As Nation's Largest College Publisher For 1999. // Educational Marketer;07/17/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p1
Provides information on the domination of Pearson Education as the top college publisher in the higher education market in the United States as of July 2000.
- Pearson Education Remains Nation's Top Publisher For K-12 In 1999; McGraw-Hill A Close 2nd. // Educational Marketer;09/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p1
States that Pearson Education company remains the United State's top publisher for K-12 student books for the year 1999.
- Pearson Sits Tight At The Top Of The U.S. College Market As Industry Girds For Sales Season. // Educational Marketer;8/20/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the sales performance of several publishers in the college instructional materials market in the United States in 2000, such as Pearson Education and Thomson Learning.
- Pearson Edn. intros quality assurance program. // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p20
Focuses on Pearson Education's institution of a program dubbed Open Book Publishing aimed at achieving factual accuracy in every one of the company's school textbooks and ancillary materials.
- Reading, Math, Science Power Pearson Education To First Place In EM's 2001 Adoption Scorecard. // Educational Marketer;12/17/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the winners of the 2001 textbook adoption season of the journal 'Educational Marketer.' Reason behind the victory of Pearson Education; Discussion on revenue and market share estimates for 2001; States that helped Pearson boost its 2001 book adoption season.
- Publishers Offer Options To Lessen College Textbook Pricing Concerns. // Educational Marketer;9/11/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 26, p5
The article provides information on the discount options offered by several publishers for its college textbooks in the U.S. The Universal Digital Textbook Program of MBS Exchange has added more publishers and more titles at more schools. Pearson Education Inc. is offering 1,000 titles from its...