Veronis Suhler Stevenson Opens New Growth Capital Fund
- How to talk to your banker. Stone, L. Mark // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p54
Stresses the importance to publishers of establishing a relationship with the banking community. Reason for failure in communicating; Steps in maximizing banking relationship; Promotion of company's management; Bankers' fears; Breaking the bad news; Debt restructuring.
- Borrower Beware. McDougall, Paul // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/15/1999, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p28
The article reports on the sources of cash available to magazine companies, namely banks or other commercial lending institutions, private equity investors and the public markets, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each. Aside from this, certain factors that affect the type of...
- The new tight-pocketed investment community. Love, Barbara // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;9/15/93, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p9
Discusses venture capital in the publishing industry. Redefinition of `venture capital'; Investors' unwillingness to take venture capital risks; `Angel investors'.
- Capital Bancorp in Maryland Raises $5M in Senior Debt. Nemeroff, Evan // American Banker;8/27/2014, Vol. 179 Issue 133, p5
The article announces that the Capital Bancorp asset company in Rockville, Maryland has reportedly raised five million dollars in senior debt financing through various local investors, focusing on information about Capital Bancorp's branch locations, growth strategy, and financial performance.
- BORROWING FOR GROWTH. Heun, Christopher // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Feb2006, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p37
This article discusses the significance of debt-based financing to the magazine industry. Debt-based financing has been in demand because of low interest rates and willing lenders holding an abundance of debt capital. Among the forms of debt, senior facilities are the most attractive form of...
- THE FINANCE DIRECTOR'S GUIDE TO GLOBAL BANKING 2005. Giarraputo, Joseph // Global Finance;Jan2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, Special Section p1
The article presents information on the book "The Finance Director's Guide to Global Banking 2005" that has been launched by the publishers of the periodical "Global Finance." A leading feature of the Guide is advice from the heads of the world's best banks on what a finance director should...
- Banks and Companies - Partners in a Challenging Economy. Cristina, Săveanu // Ovidius University Annals, Series Economic Sciences;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1666
Nowadays, banks have becomee interested in saving companies from insolvency in order to protect themselves from not getting back the loans released and have involved themselves in restructuring operations. This paper presents the temporary holding of shares by credit institutions in companies...
- Russia To Cover Foreign Debt. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/26/2014, pA01
6 The central bank will provide foreign-currency loans for banks and other firms to help them cover foreign debts coming due, after sanctions cut off Russian firms from int'l capital markets. But the ruble still dipped. The Kremlin also threatened to sever ties with NATO if Ukraine becomes a...
- The story African Merchant bank didn't want you to see. // Finance Week;12/2/2002, p8
Reports on the effort of the African Merchant Bank (AMB) to prevent 'Finance Week' from publishing an article in South Africa. Association of the feature story to the undisclosed reasons for returning the banking licence of AMB; Issues of confidentiality related to correspondence; Suppression...