Understand what EMU means to your business and avoid currency confusion
- Time-varying criteria for monetary integration Evidence from the EMU. Karras, Georgios; Stokes, Houston H. // International Review of Economics & Finance;2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p171
Presents information on a study which determined whether an economy will benefit from membership in a monetary union. Methodology of a study; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusions.
- Prospects for the European financial system. Hendriks, Marc // Business Economics;Jul95, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p11
Highlights the difficulties for monetary union in Europe. Proposed key factors needed for the success of monetary union; Economic criteria for political acceptance of a single currency and a single European central bank; Problems and challenges faced by the European Monetary Union (EMU);...
- Is there a monetary union in our future? Brown, William A. // ABA Banking Journal;May99, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p17
Speculates on the possibility of a monetary union in the Americas (AMU). Factors spurring interest in an AMU; Information on the European monetary union; Views on the role of the United States in creating an AMU.
- Disunited by a common currency. Dahrendorf, Ralf // New Statesman;02/20/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4373, p32
Focuses on the European monetary unit (EMU) project. Disadvantages of the project; One of the curious aspects of the EMU project; Dispensable element of sovereignty for many probable members of the EMU project.
- `Euro' currency. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p24
Highlights the European Union (EU) leaders' unanimous decision to call the single currency the `Euro.' Setting of date for the changeover to the single currency.
- Save our single market. Merriden, Trevor // Management Today;Nov96, p34
Discusses why British business will not tolerate political infighting over Europe. Threats posed by the single currency issue; Participation of Great Britain in the European single currency; Business people's acceptance of the logic of the savings made from operating in a single currency zone. ...
- THE FAILURE OF OCA ANALYSIS. Gl. Van, Bogdan // Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics;Summer2004, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p29
Examines the theory of optimum currency areas (OCA) in Austria. Historical perspective of the OCA theory; Irrelevance of OCA analysis; Inconsistency of the OCA criteria; Attempt to prove that the OCA theory is nonoperational and irrelevant in dealing with the international monetary situation;...
- Franc reality: Costly euro fix nicks local businesses. Mullins, Richard // Crain's Chicago Business;07/13/98, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the impact of the plans of 11 of the 15 countries in the European Union to use the common euro currency on businesses in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of the currency unification which will start on January 1, 1999; Cost of adjusting to the euro systems; Reference to the preparations of...
- Millennium buck? Euro could create trouble. Mercer, Tenisha // Crain's Detroit Business;01/04/99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the preparations of companies in Detroit, Michigan for the euro. Comparison of the euro and the Year 2000 computer bug; Impact of the euro on unprepared companies.