Fires hit stores
- Bonners reopens 5 months after devastating fire. // Cabinet Maker;01/09/98, Issue 5070, p6
Reports on the reopening of the Bonners furniture store in Tonbridge, England, five months after being destroyed by fire. Changes in the store's premises.
- Two stores hit by fire. // Cabinet Maker;2/10/2006, Issue 5475, p4
The article reports on two separate fires that destroyed two furniture stores in Great Britain. Firefighters attempted three times to stop the fire at Lock Wood Carpet and Furniture in Huddersfield, England. The other fire that destructed Barnardo's furniture shop in Edinburgh, Scotland was said...
- Dutailier fire does little damage. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;3/10/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p45
The article reports that furniture business Dutailier Group president Fernand Fontaine has claimed that a fire at its wood glider rocker plant in Saint Pie, Quebec did no major damage and will not affect shipments to retailers. Fontaine added that the equipment from the burned section will be...
- Fire destroys furniture warehouse. // Cabinet Maker;1/12/2007, Issue 5520, p5
The article focuses on a fire incident which destroyed the furniture warehouse Turks Removals last January 5, 2007 in Lydd, England. The 15,000 square feet warehouse held stocks for several retailers including John Lewis. Turks Removals business partner Andrew Bourne claims that the incident...
- Storeopenings. // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p42
Highlights the opening of furniture retail stores in the United States. Retail store opening of two Norwalk Furniture retailers in Maine and Ohio; Installation of an Ekornes Stressless Zone at Arnwine's Home Furnishings; Phoenix unit of Flexsteel Comfort Seating.
- Therapedic honors Miami-area retailers. // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p24
Reports the recognition of furniture retailers by Therapedic International and Therapedic Florida with the Therapedic's President's Award. Sample list of recognized stores; Contribution of the loyalty of retailers to the sales of the company.
- Measuring your store's performance. // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p22
Presents a chart depicting the sales performance of furniture stores in the U.S. in 2002. Estimates on the gross margin percentage of large stores; Percentage of bank cards transaction in medium stores; Prevalence of special orders in small stores.
- Pier 1 vets building new chain. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the opening of an Off Main Furniture store in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Total amount of showroom space; Featured merchandise from suppliers; Target market. INSET: Off Main at a glance.
- Comfort Zone marks fifth store. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p32
Reports on the launching of Comfort Zone Mattress Stores in Oklahoma. Expansion of daybed gallery; Increase of annual sales.