Sex Scandal Fallout
- High-cost higher ed. Burdman, Pamela // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p27
Reports that Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski has launched an initiative to reinvent higher education. Endowment that would make public colleges accessible to all Oregonians; Plan's prohibitive cost of $2.5 billion; Need-based scholarship program; Kulongoski is betting Oregon businesses prefer a...
- Stage Set for Pitched Higher Education Budget Fight in Oregon. // Community College Week;4/23/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p5
The article focuses on the dispute over the state budget for higher education in Oregon. The proposal by Joint Ways and Means Committee co-chairmen Senator Kurt Schrader and Representative Mary Nolan calls for a $275 million decrease in the amount Governor Ted Kulongoski asked for university...
- New Higher Ed Chair. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31811, p37
Reports that Neil Goldschmidt, former governor, was named chair of the Board of Higher Education in Oregon. Role and responsibilities; Number of universities under the board.
- A Closer Look: Second Thoughts on Sex and Politics. Engelberg, Stephen // Pro Publica;7/24/2011, p7
The author presents a personal narrative of his experiences as a journalist dealing with topics including the sex scandals of U.S. politicians such as Cabinet secretary Neil Goldschmidt and U.S. representative David Wu.
- Sources of Gubernatorial Wisdom: From Abraham Lincoln to Charlie Brown. // Education Week;1/31/1990, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p16
The article presents quotes from several notable people that are commonly used by U.S. governors in their state addresses. Idaho Governor Cecil Andrus viewed education as having the capacity to promote the virtue and the happiness of man. Governor Neil Goldschmidt of Oregon borrowed a quote from...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Education Week;10/21/1987, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p11
The article offers news briefs on school finance and school districts in the U.S. The plan of Vermont Governor Madeleine M. Kunin to consolidate the state's school districts into 65 regional units is set to experience problems. Rhode Island Governor Edward D. DiPrete organized a task force that...
- Correction. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jun2005, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
Presents a corrected reprint of an article concerning the campaign manager of Governor Ted Kulongoski.
- Let's Play Ball. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p35
Reports on the approval of Governor Ted Kulongoski of a bill outlining a plan to finance a major league baseball stadium in Portland, Oregon.
- New Budget Submitted by Oregon Governor Leaves State's Community Colleges Feeling Shortchanged. // Community College Week;1/26/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the budget unveiled by Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski for the upcoming biennium in 2009. In the budget, there were slight increases for two educational sectors in Oregon. Specifically, he proposed a two percent increase for kindergarten through 12th grade programs and a 9...