Santa Barbara Split?
- State of the State. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;8/2/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p59
Discusses budget deal in California. Measures dealing with protecting local government finances; Plan put together by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to bail the state out of its fiscal crisis; Issues raised by legislators during the negotiations; Promise by Schwarzenegger and legislative leaders...
- For local governments it's no pain, no gain. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/9/2004, Issue 323269, p1
Reports that California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is urging the legislature to pass the state budget. Plan to borrow from local governments to balance the General Fund; Failure of the plan to solve the budget's chronic imbalance between revenue and spending.
- Rehearsals Over, Schwarzenegger Strides Into His Meatiest Role Yet. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p1
Comments on the challenges facing California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in bringing the state's fiscal house in order without relying on higher taxes and increased debt. Plans to reduce spending; Bond issue proposed to refinance the state's budget deficit.
- Calif. pols may slash HIV funding. WOCKNER, REX // Windy City Times;6/17/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p5
The article reports on the proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to reduce all HIV-related funding in the state.
- Calif. Democrats, Schwarzenegger Tilt Over Local Funding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p36
Reports on the resumption of the California budget negotiations after Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger returns from Austria. Cause of the delay in the budget for the fiscal year 2004; Deal between the governor and cities in the state; Statement of H.D. Palmer, the governor's budget spokesman,...
- Still No Consensus for California Lawmakers Over Fiscal 2008 Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/29/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32661, p44
The article reports on the lack of agreement between California lawmakers regarding the fiscal 2008 budget. It was cited that the mechanics for passing a state budget usually require a two-thirds vote in both the Assembly and the Senate, giving advantage to minority Republicans if they stick...
- New Plans for California. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p1
Reports on the plans of Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzeneger in his first 100 days in office in San Francisco, California. Administration for the rebuild of economy; Indication for the audit of the state budget; Provision of report to the governor-elect.
- CVMA braces for decision on breed-specific bill. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Nov2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p28
The article reports that Sacramento, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger had until October 9, 2005 to sign or veto a bill that grants California municipalities the power to regulate the reproduction of specific canine breeds. The language in S.B. 861 permits cities and counties to impose...
- New Year's resolution: Avoid the budget ax. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/2/2004, Issue 323186, p3
Reports that local governments in California are bracing for various cuts in the state budget in 2004. Local governments' concern that the system that traditionally funds sheriff's, district attorneys and probation departments may be shifted permanently to the state; Budget cuts proposed by...