State, Courts Reach Pact
- Schwarzenegger Taps Donna Arduin To Be California's Finance Director. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p4
Reports on the plan of California governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger to appoint Donna Arduin as director of finance for the state. Career highlights of Schwargenegger; Responsibility in dealing with structural budget deficit; Views on the relevance of finding cost savings in the state budget.
- Official: Calif. Pension Reforms Will Save $4.6B. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p40
Reports on reforms proposed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for the state's pension system. Estimated savings from the reforms proposal; Remarks of Department of Finance director Donna Arduin regarding the pension reforms; California's proposed pension obligation bonds.
- Illinois Sticks With Arduin For Budget Help. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;6/8/2015, p32
The article reports that Donna Arduin's contract as Illinois chief financial officer (CFO) has been extended. Topics discussed include the reasons for the extension, the responsibilities of Arduin in relation to the state's efforts to balance its budget and the conflicts in Governor Bruce Rauner...
- AREA BRIEFS. // Navajo Times;3/26/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 12, pA9
The article offers news briefs in Arizona. A $1.8 million budget is given to Shonto Community Governance for building government services complex in Shonto. An open house will be hosted by the Navajo County Kayenta Justice Court in Kayenta. Winners of the Road to Art Convention raffle drawing in...
- INDIANA'S PLACE IN AMERICAN COURT REFORM: RARELY FIRST, OCCASIONALLY LAST, FREQUENTLY EARLY. Shepard, Randall T. // Indiana Law Review;2006, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p723
The article discusses the role of Indiana courts in the national court reform in the U.S. It enumerates the areas in which the state courts of the country face the greatest challenges which include globalization, families and ethics. It highlights the contributions of Indiana to each areas. It...
- Foreword: Achieving Impartiality in State Courts. George, Ronald M. // California Law Review;Dec2009, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p1853
The article discusses the significant role of impartial state judicial systems in the proper governance in California. The legislative and executive branches supported the judiciary to succeed structural changes that includes funding for the courts to deliver impartial decisions. In this regard,...
- Arduin Resigns as California's Finance Chief. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p5
Reports that California finance director Donna Arduin has resigned from office in October 2004 after serving 11 months in Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's top budget post. Background information on Arduin; Reasons behind Arduin's resignation; Implications on politics and government.
- STATE JUSTICE INSTITUTE. // United States Government Manual;2007/2008, p574
The article offers information on the State Justice Institute in Alexandria, Virginia. A list of the officers of the institute is presented. The institute, which awards grants to improve judicial administration in the state courts in the nation, was created by the State Justice Institute Act of...
- Do Resources, Justice Administration Practices And Federalism Have An Impact On Registered And Sentenced Crime Prevalence? Koller, Christophe // International Journal for Court Administration;Jun2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p100
This contribution, based on a statistical approach, undertakes to link data on resources (personnel and financial means) and the working of the administration of penal justice (prosecution, sentencing) taking into account the nationality of those prosecuted. In order to be able to distinguish...