Munis Extend Losses, Treasuries Down; $283 Million U. of Mass. Debt Priced
- Field Curve Flattens as Short End Rises Amid Heavy Selling Pressure. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p2
The article reports that the municipal yield curve of the municipal bond market has flattened, as yields on the short end rose amid heavy selling pressure, while the long end held its own even as underwriters continued to bring sizeable new issues. The long end of the municipal bond market fared...
- Market Close: Primary Sees Last Big Issuance Ahead of Holiday Week. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;11/21/2014, Issue F345, p1
The last of the big pre-holiday new issue supply hit the municipal bond market on Thursday, with the state of Connecticut taking over as the leader of the pack.
- A Question of Digestion. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;12/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33017, p1
The article reports on the condition of the municipal bond market based on the Bond Buyer's 30-day visible supply in the U.S. as of December 5, 2008. Supply has almost doubled in the last two months as issuers that postponed projects hit hard by the financial crisis are now entering the market...
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Hildreth, W. Bartley // Municipal Finance Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, preceding p1
Presents information on articles on municipal finance. Background on municipal bond portfolio insurance; Overview of articles on educational finance.
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p1
Presents graphs on the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 14, 2005. Bond Buyer 40's yield to par call; Massachusetts School Building Authority's entry into the market.
- Indexes at Highest Levels in Months Amid Inflation Expectations. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p34
Reports on the growth of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes for the period February 19 to May 13, 2004. 20-Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Revenue Bond Index; Municipal bond index yield to maturity.
- Munis Drift Lower Under Pressure From Treasuries; Selling Limited. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds for the September 24, 2004 trading session in the U.S. Appearance of a number of bid-wanted lists in the sector; Eagerness of some investors to sell bonds while the prices are high; Impact of higher oil prices on the outcome of the trading.
- West Virginia Borrowers Plan About $400 Million of Bonds. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p1
Reports on West Virginia agencies' plan to sell bonds as fiscal 2005 is about to get underway. Likelihood that the state would have more revenue than previously anticipated to help with its budget in 2005; Sales and income tax collections of West Virginia; Additional revenue from severance taxes.