Munis Extend Losses, Treasuries Down; $283 Million U. of Mass. Debt Priced
- Field Curve Flattens as Short End Rises Amid Heavy Selling Pressure. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p2
The article reports that the municipal yield curve of the municipal bond market has flattened, as yields on the short end rose amid heavy selling pressure, while the long end held its own even as underwriters continued to bring sizeable new issues. The long end of the municipal bond market fared...
- Market Close: Primary Sees Last Big Issuance Ahead of Holiday Week. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;11/21/2014, Issue F345, p1
The last of the big pre-holiday new issue supply hit the municipal bond market on Thursday, with the state of Connecticut taking over as the leader of the pack.
- A Question of Digestion. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;12/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33017, p1
The article reports on the condition of the municipal bond market based on the Bond Buyer's 30-day visible supply in the U.S. as of December 5, 2008. Supply has almost doubled in the last two months as issuers that postponed projects hit hard by the financial crisis are now entering the market...
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Hildreth, W. Bartley // Municipal Finance Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, preceding p1
Presents information on articles on municipal finance. Background on municipal bond portfolio insurance; Overview of articles on educational finance.
- Something for Everyone? Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on California's issuance of revenue anticipation notes slated to price on September 29, 2004 after a two-day retail order period. California's efforts to find as broad a market as possible for the sizable sale; Total amount of revenue anticipation notes to be issued by California; Los...
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p34
Presents data concerning the municipal bonds issued in southwestern U.S. as of October 12, 2004. Issuer and purpose; Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- Tax-Free Funds See First Outflows in Months. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/24/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32719, p32
The article reports on the first outflows of tax-exempt municipal money market funds in the U.S. The outflows totaled $5.352 billion in the week ending September 17, 2007 with total assets in tax-free funds amounting to $430.447 billion. The report monitors 559 funds. Seven-day yields for the...
- Munis Rise, Boosted by Competitive Deals. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p2
The article looks at the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States as of February 2006. It discusses the growth of the market due in part because of the well-received competitive deals. The article reports on the increase in municipal bond prices and the adjustment of yields...
- VISIBLE SUPPLY BY STATE. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p33
The article provides information pertaining to municipal bonds issued in the Middle West on February 21 and 28, 2006. They include Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Missouri. The number of issues and the total amount are presented.