TacSat-1 Satellite Designed to Meet Needs of Tactical Level Commanders
- QUALITY CHECK OF VERTICAL COMPONENT USING GPS RTK METHOD AND LASER SYSTEM. Paar, Rinaldo; Zrinjski, Mladen; Marendič, Ante // Geodetski Vestnik;2011, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p689
For the most common geodetic tasks such as surveying, staking out and monitoring, GNSS RTK method has in many cases been limited by its measuring quality. Combining laser system with GNSS RTK system enables the increase of vertical accuracy of measurement to a millimetre level. Testing the above...
- American Militarism: Don't Even Notice It Anymore. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;2/10/2010, p2
A photograph showing the intent and seriousness of the military surveillance in the U.S. is presented.
- UAV Pilots Keep Afghan Base Safe. // Defense Technology International;Oct2011, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p11
The article describes the combat intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance conducted by British and American unmanned aerial vehicle pilots around the base perimeter in Kandahar AB in Afghanistan.
- Cities in Chaos: An Intelligence Challenge. Shelton, Paul A. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Jan-Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p21
Discusses methods of gathering intelligence data in cities in chaos. Importance of coordinating with in-country experts; Use of nontraditional sources of information; What intelligence analysts should do to prevent surprise and promote situational awareness.
- CURRENT COMMENT. // America;4/28/1979, Vol. 140 Issue 16, p342
The author reflects on several topics of interest. He discusses the supposed increase in U.S. surveillance over South Africa, particularly the nuclear research facility in Valindaba, which he says was due to the news of South Africa intending to explode a nuclear device in the Kalahri Desert. He...
- MILITARY. // GPS World;Dec2005, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p48
The article presents information about companies that provide tools and techniques used in military surveillance. Interstate Electronics Corp. received a 12-month contract to study antijamming technology. The contract involves studies in antijamming and Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver...
- JDISS: When you need it now! Alves, Chris // All Hands;Aug96, Issue 952, p14
The article provides information on the Joint Deployable Intelligence Support System in the U.S.
- Unattended Ground Sensors. Kulik, Todd A.; Scaringella, Dave // Army Magazine;Feb2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p50
The article provides information about the unattended ground sensors (UGS), an important component of Future Combat System (FCS) for an effective battlefield intelligence in the U. S. The UGS program consist of two sensing systems, the tactical and urban. Both systems have multiple sensing nodes...
- PREPARING FOR ACCESSION TO NATO. Pöppelmann, Jürgen // NATO's Nations & Partners for Peace;2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p96
Highlights a special intelligence course held at Federal Armed Forces Intelligence School in Bad Ems, Germany from September 1 to 12, 2003. Presentation of a Membership Action Plan at the Washington Summit; Objective of the course; Officers and civilians who attended the course.