Helicopter Postponement May Jeopardize Navy Test Facility
- Navy, Industry Partners Nearing Support Contract For MH-60s. McCarthy, Mike // Defense Daily;1/13/2015, p8
The article reports on the U.S. Navy's contract negotiations with defense industry partners Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky to support the naval fleet of MG-60 Seahawk helicopters. Topics discussed include the formation of the Maritime Helicopter Support Co. as a joint venture between Lockheed...
- Team Sub's ARCI Integrator RFP Expected Soon. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;5/12/2010, Vol. 246 Issue 29, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Navy is shortly expected to issue requests for proposals (RFPs) for the Acoustic Rapid COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) Insertion (ARCI) integrator contract. Rear Admiral, William Hilarides informed the contract will be similar to the integrated software image...
- HAAWC Eye. Hockmuth, Catherine MacRae // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/13/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 19, p128
The article reports on the $3 million U.S. Navy contract received by Lockheed Martin to demonstrate its High-Altitude Anti-Submarine Warfare Weapons Concept, (HAAWC), which is designed to deliver the Mk-54 lightweight torpedo from a P-3C aircraft at approximately 20,000 feet. The award follows...
- EDITOR'S PAGE. Merzlak, Paul // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2013, Vol. 139 Issue 12, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including China's anti-access/area-denial (A2/AD) capabilities, the U.S. Navy missions and budget cuts for the Navy.
- Navy Releases Aegis PSEA Draft RFP For Combat System Integrator. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;5/4/2010, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p7
The article discusses, request for proposals (RFP) released by the U.S. Navy for the Aegis Platform System Engineering Agent (PSEA) including Advanced Capability Build (ACB) developer support for future development of the Aegis Weapon System (AWS) and Aegis Combat System (ACS). As stated, the...
- Challenging Submarine Numbers (Book). Polmar, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2002, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p103
Reports on fiscal 2003 budget request of the United States Secretary of the Department Navy. Limited amount allocated to shipbuilding; Funding requirements of the Navy's shipbuilding program.
- Navy could face $10 billion in cuts. Bennett, John T. // Hill;7/14/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 103, p10
The article reports on the government's cut by 10 billion dollars for the U.S. Navy's fiscal 2013 budget.
- R&D Funding Falls But More Funding For Buried Target Defeat System. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;2/7/2007, Vol. 233 Issue 24, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Navy's funding request for research and development has continued to fall but efforts for non-lethal weapons will see significant increases in funding. In financial year 2008, the spending request for science and technology will decrease by $300 million to $1.7...
- CONGRESSIONAL WATCH. Peniston, Bradley // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2002, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p120
Reports on the proposed defense budget for the United States Navy for the fiscal year 2003 endorsed in Congress. Opposition of the budget proposals; Efforts of some legislators to push through with an increased budget for the Navy.