Orange County, Calif., Officials Spike Toll Road Merger
- Bill Merging N.J. Highway Agencies Will Spur $1.85B Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31643, p44
This article reports that New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey is expected to sign a toll road consolidation bill on May 27, 2003, clearing the way for a $1.85 billion bond sale to finance a plan to merge the two authorities that operate the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway....
- Traffic Levels Become a Concern For Future California Road Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p3
Reports on concerns regarding the performance of California road bonds following decision of Fitch Ratings to downgrade San Joaquin Hills toll road bonds. Insurance of the bonds by MBIA Insurance Corp.; Comments of Peter Bianchini, vice president of Charles Schwab Investment Management on...
- Dulles Toll Road Bonds Stripped From Virginia Budget Proposal. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;4/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33694, p4
The article reports on the removal of the authorization bond of Dulles toll road from the Virginia budget proposal, final general assembly for the final vote on the budget is on April 17, 2012.
- Colorado Officials Consider Toll Agency for Road Funding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31200, p1
Reports that Colorado highway officials may ask the Legislature to create a state toll road authority to allow them to take advantage of toll-backed revenue bonds. Use of the bonds for highway projects; Success of toll roads.
- Texas tollway board ready to proceed with turnpike revenue bond sale. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p28
Reports that the North Texas Tollway Authority board agreed to move forward with its first new-money bond sale. Preparation of legal documents related to the offering; Underwriters.
- Toll Road Deals Freighted With Underlying Risks, Experts Say. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;04/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30864, p9
Focuses on analysts' comments on the risks contained in unrated start-up toll road bond deals in the United States. Comparison with established credits such as the deal involving the New Jersey Turnpike; Traffic feasibility forecasts on start-up toll roads; Bond pricing of start-up toll roads.
- Price of Proposed Dallas Road Taking Its Toll on Issuers. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31021, p44
Reports on a proposed bond-finance toll road in Dallas, Texas. Cost projections; Structure of the bonds.
- Ardagh Plans $1.45B Bond Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/21/2013, p2
The article reports on the launch by Luxembourg-based packaging company Ardagh Group of a two-part bond deal totaling 1.45 billion U.S. dollars, the proceeds of which will be used to help finance its acquisition of glass manufacturer Verallia North America.
- BondDesk Acquires MPA Technologies for Analytics. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p6
Reports the acquisition of MPA Technologies for Analytics by BondBesk Group Llc in California. Emphasis on the decision of the firm to support systems for bond trading; Aims to provide bond solution for more than 60 broker-dealer participants; Use of software by analysts to make strategic...