- Albuquerque, N.M., retirement center defaults on bonds, draws down reserves. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p30
Reports on the default on the subordinated bonds of a retirement center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Value of the default; Insufficiency of available funds for the center to make debt service payments.
- A Second Erickson CCRC Defaults Due to failure to Make Payments. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/28/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33207, p24
The article reports on the default of the second Erickson Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) on its 2007 tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. It states that the default is due to the borrower's failure to cure the August 1, 2009 and September 1, 2009 non-payment and failure to deposit initial...
- On the Pricing of Defaultable Bonds Using the Framework of Barrier Options. Ishizaka, Motokazu; Takaoka, Koichiro // Asia-Pacific Financial Markets;Sep2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2/3, p151
In the framework of the structural approach of bond pricing, we extend the Fujitaâ€“Ishizaka model by considering more realistic payoffs. The payoff to the bondholder at time of default, provided that default occurs prior to maturity, depends on the firm value at time of default. We also...
- St. Louis Convention Center Hotel Trustee Readying Final Distribution. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/242014, Vol. 1 Issue F341, p30
The article reports developments in the case of the 95 million dollar defaulted St. Louis Convention Center Hotel bonds in Illinois as of late October 2014. It claims that the trustee, UMB Bank NA, will be making a final distribution payment of 1.4 million dollars to bondholders in November...
- Victorville, Calif., Airport Authority Heads for 7th Default. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;12/3/2014, Issue 34220, p1
A beleaguered Victorville, Calif. airport authority notified bondholders in a filing that it expected to default for the seventh time on bonds it issued to redevelop the airport from military to civilian use.
- Adjustment Bonds. // Practical Accountant;Feb2005, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p16
The article presents information on the adjustment bonds that are issued in replacement of outstanding bonds if the bondholders approve when recapitalizing a corporation that is facing bankruptcy in the U.S. Bondholders usually will authorize the adjustment as favoring it over a corporate...
- Settlement Nears In Sucralose Default Case. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34379, p1
A federal class action lawsuit settlement between a group of bondholders that invested in a failed Missouri sucralose plant and the financial firms involved in the $39 million bond deal is nearing final approval.
- Record Mello-Roos defaults are forecast in California. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p1
Reports that problems in California's land-backed bond sector will probably lead to a record $150 million in defaults in 1997, according to the California Municipal Bond Advisor. Real estate market conditions; Investors' reception to bonds issued by the so-called `second-tier' communities;...
- Mich. Firm Missed 2001 Payment. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the notice of default filed by the trustee of the bonds sold in 1997 through the Redford Township Economic Development Corp. on behalf of Z-Technologies Corp. in Michigan. Schedule of payments to the bond reserve fund; Issuance of the limited-obligation, first-mortgage revenue bonds;...