Rowland Case Proceeds
- Impeachment Talks. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p37
Reports that a bipartisan effort is underway in the state House to research the legal and political steps necessary to impeach Governor John G. Rowland in Connecticut. Production of detailed memorandums outlining measures necessary for impeachment; Apology made by Rowland for making false...
- Rowland to Resign. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31910, p1
Reports on the resignation of John Rowland as a governor due to corruption charges in the government of Connecticut. Replacement of M. Jodi Rell for the position; Decision of the state's Supreme Court that upheld the impeachment for governor's allegations of corrupt practices; Indication of the...
- GOVERNOR'S CAREER DISSOLVED IN HOT TUB. Rennie, Kevin F. // National Journal;6/26/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p2046
Discusses the resignation of Connecticut Governor John Rowland in 2004 due to a bribery scandal. Background of the scandal; Overview of his political career; Issues raised during the impeachment hearings.
- Rowland probe session wildcard. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/26/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1
The investigation on the part of Connecticut state legislature on the question of beginning an impeachment against Governor John Rowland has raised the fear that important business issues will once again be put on the backburner this year. The issue had remained unresolved last year because of...
- With a little help from a friend... Duby, Christopher // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/25/95, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p4
Opinion. Comments on Connecticut Governor John Rowland's recovery from state political intrigues about the use of his position for granting favors to friends. Press reaction to an anomalous deal for publishing the 1997 Connecticut Vacation Guide announced by Rowland; Comparison of Rowland's...
- Quote of the week. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p284
Presents a quotation from Connecticut Governor John Rowland comparing the stiffness of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole and Vice President Al Gore.
- Vacation guide has a new printer. Duby, Christopher // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/12/96, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
Reports that New York Times Custom Publishing, a division of The New York Times Information Services Group, will design, lay out and print the `Connecticut Vacation Guide' under the contract with Governor John Rowland. Value of the contract; Reasons for the transfer of the contract from a...
- Connecticut, Guarding Its Ratings, Plans 'Lean' Bonding Mainly for Education. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the efforts of Connecticut governor John C. Rowland to limit the amount of debt that the state issues each year. Proposed amount of general obligations (GOs) bonds to be issued; Amount of GOs issued in 2001-2002; Ratings of the state by some credit rating companies.
- Connecticut's Rowland Calls for Bettering Education, Urban Centers. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p4
Reports on the plan of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to use the state's budget surplus to support schools and urban renewal. Recession and self-defeating attitude in Connecticut; Praise given to the bipartisanship.