UBS Staying Short, Using Futures Contracts After Leverage Boost
- UBS in Fight Over Closed-End Muni Fund. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;1/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33038, p1
The article reports on the move of UBS Global Asset Management Inc. to fend off a shareholder coup to gain control as adviser of a closed-end municipal bond mutual fund from the beleaguered bank Investment Grade Municipal Income Fund Inc. the U.S. However, the fund's two biggest shareholders,...
- Assets up 37% for 2006. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;5/28/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p82
The article reports on the annual survey conducted by Pensions & Investments on the 37 percent increase of the overall assets invested in hedge funds in the United States. All money managers have invested a total of $771.3 billion as of December 31, 2006. The top one money manager is the UBS...
- UBS changes manager on UK Select portfolio. // Fund Strategy;7/31/2006, p6
The article reports on the appointment of Matthew Cox to run the UBS UK Select Fund for UBS Global Asset Management. Cox will replace Paul Fairbrother who has moved to the Pan-European equity team as head of portfolio construction. He is currently a portfolio manager and analyst in the...
- Far Eastern promise. // Money Marketing;7/15/2004, p49
Features the Developed Asia Equity Fund of UBS Global Asset Management. Background on UBS; Features of the equity fund; Type of investors suitable for the fund.
- Four Members of UBS Muni Team Lured Back After Quitting. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;6/3/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33125, p7
The article reports on the efforts of UBS Global Asset Management to encourage its resigned municipal bond team members to go back to the company in the U.S. The company has entered into negotiations with these four members who already resigned. According to Western Investment LLC principal...
- Brinson's marketing retail fund. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;4/22/96, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the offer from Brinson Partners Incorporated, a money manager, of its family of seven Brinson mutual funds through Charles Schwab and Company, a supermarket of no-load mutual funds. What Brinsons agreement with Schwab follows; Implications from these moves from Brinson for investors;...
- City of Pittsburgh Hires In International Equity. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;07/17/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p4
Reports that the City of Pittsburgh Municipal Pension Fund has fired Brinson Partners and hired Capital Guardian Trust Co. to manage an international EAFE indexed fund.
- Analysts still wary of marked-down closed-end funds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2A
Reports on developments concerning closed-end funds in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Decline of average municipal closed-end fund prices; Forecasts for the year 2000.
- Muni CEFs Manage to Avoid Volatility of Their Brethren. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;7/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 108, p11
The article discusses the relatively steady performance of closed-end municipal bond funds during 2010. Unlike closed-end funds related to stocks, bank loans, and other securities, the municipal funds have shown comparatively little volatility and recorded steady monthly gains. The largest...