April Production Increased by 0.8%
- 4Q Productivity Up; Unit Labor Costs Down. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p2
Reports on the growth of productivity outside the farm sector in the fourth quarter of 2003 in the U.S., according to figures released by the U.S. Labor Department. Increase in non-farm productivity; Non-farm unit labor costs.
- A Brighter Picture. Marsh, Robert W. // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;Jan2004, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p31
Discusses the recovery of the economy of the United States in 2004. Consideration of economic indicators by Robert Fry, DuPont's senior associate economist; Growth of industrial production in U.S. manufacturing in September 2003; Positive outlook for new jobs; Ways in which tax cuts have...
- PRODUCTION AND BUSINESS ACTIVITY. // Economic Indicators;Sep2004, Vol. 109 Issue 9, p17
Presents charts and graphs of production and business activity in the U.S. in August 2004. Rise in industrial production; New private housing and vacancy rates; Increase in manufacturing and trade sales and inventories; Decline in new orders in the manufacturing sectors.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, February 17. // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p2
Presents economic indicators in the U.S. as of February 17. Industrial production; Capacity utilization; Empire State Manufacturing Index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization: The 2005 Annual Revision. Bayard, Kimberly; Gilbert, Charles // Federal Reserve Bulletin;3/16/2006, pA39
The article reports on the issuance of the revised index of industrial production (IP) and the related measures of capacity utilization from January 1972 through September 2005 by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in the U.S. This revision incorporates updated comprehensive...
- An empirical investigation of forces influencing... Vohra, Rubina // Atlantic Economic Journal;Dec97, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p412
Evaluate the productivity performance of state economies in the United States and identifies the degree to which convergence has occurred in productivity. Gender composition of employment; Shifting industrial mix by state during the period 1969-1988; Focus on the worker gross state product.
- Whither Productivity? Iversen, Wes // Quality;Apr2002, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p8
Assesses productivity and its economic impact in the U.S. Growth of U.S. productivity from 1995-2001; Forecast on productivity growth; Component of the late-1990s productivity growth; Ways to improve productivity.
- Productivity is the USA's Problem. Starr, Martin K. // California Management Review;Winter73, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p32
U.S.A. productivity growth has been decreasing relative to that of many other countries. The reasons for this should be viewed in terms of systems factors that affect the productive output of an over-developed country.
- Modern Economic Growth and Recent Stagnation. // Economic Review (07321813);2003 3rd Quarter, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p45
Focuses on the themes of economic growth and decline in the U.S. history as of September 2003. Measures of living standards; Examination of changes in the resources available for production as well as productivity; Explanation for reversals of the patterns of modern economic growth.