California Plans Less Borrowing
- Bonds on the Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p1
Reports that California voters will decide in March 2004 the fate of more than $36 billion in bond proposals. Proposition 55, which is a $12.3 billion school bond measure; Proposition 57 which is a 15$ billion deficit bond issue and is promoted by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Two proposals...
- Deficit Bond Deadline. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/5/2003, Vol. 347 Issue 31775, p1
Reports on the $15 billion deficit bond measure proposed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to help cover the state's budget deficit. Previously planned bond issues replaced by the measure; Spending cap proposal accompanying the measure; Reactions of state legislators to the proposal.
- Polls: Schwarzenegger's Popularity Doesn't Translate to Support for Bond. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31802, p5
Reports that the fiscal recovery bond proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has not released. Evaluation of the approval rating of Scwarzenegger; Purpose of the bond proposal; Popularity of the balanced budget amendment.
- The Mother of All Budget Sagas Just Keeps Going. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p68
Focuses on the budget proposal of California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Amount of proposed budget calling in spending cuts; Proposal on bond issue to finance accumulated budget deficits; Optimistic assumption of the budget plan.
- Arnold Wins Big on California Budget Propositions. Gizzi, John // Human Events;3/8/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p7
Provides information on California voters' approval of the budget propositions of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2004. Details on the budget propositions of Schwarzenegger; Efforts of Schwarzenegger in proposing the bond measure; Legislative agreement on the budget proposition.
- Legal Truce Is Called in Battle Over California Pension Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p5
Reports that the administration of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has agreed to a ceasefire with the anti-tax advocate group Howard Javis Taxpayers Association in their legal battle over pension obligation bonds. Filing of a suit by the group opposing the validation suit filed to...
- California's Pension Push. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/25/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31913, p1
Reports on various bonds issued by local governments and agencies in California in June 2004 to solve their pension fund shortfalls. Pension bond issues from San Bernardino County, Sacramento County and San Diego County; Issues from Union City and the Southern California Air Quality Management...
- Schwarzenegger's $15B Plan Raises Doubts From Lawmakers. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p34
Reports on the plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to place a bond measure to pay off the accumulated budget deficit on the ballot in California. Reaction of legislators to the governor's plan; Impact of the proposed bond measure on the bond proposal for school construction deal; Rating of...
- Schwarzenegger's Gamble. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31799, p1
Focuses on the proposed budget for fiscal 2005 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Worth of the proposed budget; Link of the bond referendum to a spending capital measure; Call for the sale of pension obligation bonds.