IPOs IN THE U.S
- Genworth/GEMI IPO Underwhelms. // National Mortgage News;5/31/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p21
Reports on the initial public offering of New York City-based Genworth Financial. Price of the shares.
- Chemical Firms Attempt IPOs Despite Challenging Market. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/7/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the plans of several chemical companies to launch initial public offerings. Westlake Chemical Corp.; Borden Chemical Inc.; Negative environment with regard to chemical stocks; Market concern about spike in oil; Uncertainties about overheated China market.
- Aftermarket Performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p17
Presents data on the initial public offering (IPO) deals in the aftermarket sector, for 2004. Shanda Interactive Enterprise; Volterra Semiconductor; RightNow Technologies; Syneron Medical; Staktek Holdings; Xcyte Therapies.
- Borden to file ipo in the US. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;5/3/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2098, p9
Reports on the intention of Borden Chemical to file an IPO with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to sell shares in the third quarter of 2004. Information on the recipient of all proceeds of the sale; Statement of Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on the rating of Borden.
- Apollo Buys Borden for $1.2 Bn. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/19/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the acquisition of Borden Chemical Inc. by Apollo Management LP. Value of the transaction; Amount of debt assumed by Apollo; Decision of Borden to file an initial public offering.
- Offering Set for GE's Genworth Financial. // American Banker;1/22/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 14, p7
General Electric Co. (GE) filed a registration statement on Tuesday to sell part of its Genworth Financial insurance unit. The Fairfield, Connecticut, company said the initial public offering will be for about 30% of Genworth Financial. Genworth includes nearly all of GE's life and mortgage...
- BREAKING news. // Hotel & Motel Management;7/19/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 13, p1
Reports on developments related to the hospitality industry in the U.S. as of July 2004. Selection of Tim David Blalock as president and chief executive officer of Hospitality International; Introduction of an initial public offering of a multi-million shares of common stock of Strategic Hotel...
- TAKE MY IPO... PLEASE! Pentilla, Chris // Entrepreneur;Jun2001, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p76
Provides information on how some electronic commerce companies survived after they withdrew their initial public offerings (IPO) they filed in 2000. List of companies with worst IPO return in 2000; Strategies done by RightNow Technologies Inc. in lieu of the IPO; How partnership helped...
- Genworth MI Takes a $135M Loss. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;5/18/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of the mortgage insurance (MI) business of Genworth Financial Inc. in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2009. It states that the MI business of the company accounted a net operating loss of $135 million for the quarter, as higher captive...