MSRB Publishes Draft G-32, G-36 Amendments on OS Timelines
- Munis Weaker, Reflecting Treasury Softness. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/6/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market for June 2007 in the U.S. On June 5, the municipal market was slightly weaker reflecting softness in Treasuries. According to one trader in Los Angeles, California, the municipal market can not get out of the Treasury's way. The...
- Munis Unchanged Awaiting FOMC Meeting. Scarchilli, Mike; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;9/17/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32714, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for September 2007. In September 14, the market was most unchanged as market participants await the Federal Open Market Committee. According to a trader in New York, there does not seem to be any follow through, the market...
- Innovations in tax-exempt instruments and transactions. Petersen, John E. // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p11
The article first provides a brief description of major developments in the municipal bond market over the last decade that have caused changes in the design of instruments and the nature of transactions. After reviewing the nature of risk and returns in traditional tax-exempt securities,...
- Buyers Gravitate Toward a New Procession of Quality 6s. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/21/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30752, p7
Reports that six percent-plus paper has become a major selling point in the municipal bond market in the United States. Investors' protection of income during a stretch of stock market volatility; Cheapening of the yield curve in spots considered expensive.
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Mixed in Modest Calendar. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32346, p40
The article reports that the Bond Buyer's yield indexes for the week ending March 23, 2006 were mixed. The performance was influenced in part by a modest calendar and some tender-option bond programs. As a result for some portion of the week, the municipal bond market slowed down. Weekly average...
- Munis Flat Amid Mixed Data, Focus on Primary. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;7/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32431, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market was unchanged in quiet trading as mixed economic data and minor losses in Treasury bonds had little effect on a tax-exempt buyer base that was mostly interested in new issues. The emphasis was on an $800 million sale by the Missouri Highways and...
- Three-Day Muni Rally Ends With Slight Weakening. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, William // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p2
Describes the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market as of November 18, 2005. Municipal yields; Factors that contribute to the attractiveness of municipal bonds; Average yield on the 10-year Treasury note.
- Munis Lower, Reacting to Treasuries; Limited Activity Ahead of Election. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32002, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds during the fourth week of October 2004 trading session in the U.S. Limitations in the trading of the bonds; Flexibility in both the bid and the offer side of trading; Outlook of tax-exempt market participants on the process.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p41
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 3, 2004. Market indicators; short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering...