Orange County, Calif., Toll Road Board to Vote, Yet Again, on Merger
- VIRGINIA: Toll Road Goes to MWAA. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;11/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32998, p9
The article reports that the Virginia Department of Transportation has turned over control of the Dulles Toll Road to the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority. The agency is moving forward on a $5.2 billion Metrorail extension to Dulles Airport and $2-billion of tax-exempt bonds that will...
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;12/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33017, p2
Two corrections to previously published articles on the rating of the Illinois Finance Authority's bond issue and the story about the Internal Revenue Service's tax-exempt bond branch, are presented.
- Counting on Kids. Resnick, Amy // Governing;Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p90
Reports on the expected issuance of a tax exemption bond of the state of Alaska in 2004 which is supported by a pledge of the payments on student loans in its 2003 consolidation loan portfolio. Government agency in Alaska that will issue the bond; Amount of the student loans.
- Subprime Assistance. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/3/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32785, p1
The article focuses on the housing sector in 2008 in the U.S. It discusses the proposal of the government to increase the private-activity bond volume cap and allow state and local housing finance agencies to issue tax-exempt bonds for subprime mortgage refinancings. According to housing finance...
- Orange County, Calif., Agencies Need More Time to Talk Toll Merger, Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p6
Reports on the plans of the government agencies to issue general obligation bonds to acquire the assets of two toll road agencies in Orange County, California. Combination of the toll road systems; Solution of the financial problems of the agencies; Assessment of the traffic projections.
- Arkansas Looks to Tolls to Answer Funding Deficiencies. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p6
The article reports that the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department is expecting to receive an updated study of $200 million toll project that would operate from Bella Vista, Arkansas to Pineville, Missouri. The project would likely mark the first revenue bond issue approved by the...
- Toll road agency in Orange County plans big refunding. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;09/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30234, p28
Reports that the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency is planning to sell $1.4 billion of refundings in a negotiated deal at the end of September 1997. Smith Barney Inc. as the underwriting syndicate; Aim to lower the debt interest rate by 1.5 percent.
- Private Orange County toll road needs $260 million in tax-exempt financing. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;11/19/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30772, p31
Reports on the amount to be borrowed by NewTrac from the tax exempt bond market on November 30, 1999 to buy a toll road in Orange County, California. Sale of the debt to NewTrac through the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank; Purchase of the toll road from California...
- JetBlue to Tap Muni Market for $50 Million. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p40
Reports on the approval of $50 million in tax-exempt bonds by New York City Industrial Development Agency in New York on March 11, 2003. Utilization of the proceeds.