Philadelphia's Jefferson Health Gets Moody's Upgrade
- Hospital Bond Watchdog Panel Reorganizes. SINOVIC, STEVE // San Diego Business Journal;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p3
The article reports that the Proposition G Independent Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee will ensure that the 247 million dollars in funds will be correctly managed at the Grossmont Healthcare District in San Diego, California.
- Bill would make Wyoming agency a conduit for hospital bonds. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30805, p28
Reports on a proposed bill that would allow the Wyoming Community Development Authority (WCDA) to serve as a makeshift health care financing agency. History of the WCDA; Hospital bonds that will be issued by the agency.
- Health care. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p26A
Emphasizes an increase in bond sales in the medical care bonds sector in 1997 influenced by hospital consolidations in the health care market. Quarterly medical care bond sales; Leading issuers and largest deals; Total amount of bonds issued; Top beneficiaries of medical care bond issues in...
- High-Income Health Care. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p1
Reports the high-yields deals of two health care financing prices in Miami, Florida. Increase of willingness to participate in the health care sector; Amount of deal offer by the Miami Beach Health Facilities Authority; Participation of institutional buyers in the term bond.
- Volume of health care bonds falls in 1st quarter. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;04/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p4
Reports that the volume of long-term, tax-exempt health care bonds in the first quarter of 1996 fell from the last quarter of 1995, according to Securities Data Co. Value of bonds issued; Bond issues for California and New York.
- Health care insurers face increased risk, says Moody's report. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;06/12/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30413, p1
Focuses on the increased risk of bond issuers that back hospital debt, resulting from financial pressures in the health care industry in the United States. Characteristics of the default probability and the expected severity of loss associated with transactions issued by health care...
- Illinois HFA gives thumbs up to $770 million of health debt. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30697, p5
Reports on Illinois Health Facilities Authorities' approval of over $770 million of health care revenue bonds. Deal from the Children's Memorial Hospital of Chicago, Illinois; Bond issue from the Fairview Residence of Rockford, Illinois.
- Tenn. hospitals pick conservative structure. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p1A
Reports on the Mountain States Health Alliance of Tennessee's bond offering. Adoption of a more conservative mortgage-backed credit structure; Planned uses of proceeds.
- Bond insurers feeling the heat as deals dwindle. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;7/4/94, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p34
Reports on the performance of the United States healthcare bond market for the first five months of 1994. Decline in healthcare bond issuance; Amount of municipal healthcare bonds issued; Insurers' lowering of premiums in exchange for tighter bond covenants; Analysis of three hospital bond...