Report: State Revenue Picture Looking Good Based on First-Quarter Data
- Rockefeller Study. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31893, p3
Reports on the growth of states' adjusted revenue from personal income taxes in the first quarter of 2004, which marks the third consecutive quarter of growth. Strongest growth posted by the states of Maryland and Connecticut; Consideration of the effects of inflation and legislated tax changes.
- States' 1Q Income-Tax Slide Continues 'Revenue Hangover,' Report Says. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p6
Reports that state personal income tax revenue declined during the first quarter of the year 2003 in states of the U.S. Percentage decline in income tax revenue during the quarter; Comparison between decline in the revenue during the quarter and the year 2002; Reason behind the decline in the...
- State tax collections continue to soften. RUSSELL, ROGER // Accounting Today;Jul2014, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p1
The article talks about a research conducted by the Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government that highlights the initiative of U.S. states to intensify their hunt for revenue due to weak economic growth. The research reveals the decline in state income tax revenues in the first quarter of...
- LA COMPROBACIÃ“N DE VALORES EN EL ÃMBITO INMOBILIARIO. PRINCIPALES CUESTIONES CONFLICTIVAS QUE HA DE AFRONTAR LA ADMINISTRACIÃ“N TRIBUTARIA. Alba^Gil, Carmen; Calvo^Vergez, Juan // Nueva Fiscalidad;nov-dic2013, Issue 6, p35
For individuals, the value checking becomes important when the tax rule connects the taxable amount of a tax with the "real value" of specific goods involved in the taxable event, not content with the amount agreed in the transaction. This happens mainly in the ITPyAJD Tax,-in which we focus,...
- INCOME TAX AVOIDANCE: EVIDENCE FROM INDIVIDUAL TAX RETURNS. Long, James E.; Gwartney, James D. // National Tax Journal;Dec87, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p517
Even if factor supplies and pre-tax incomes are unaffected by income taxation, tax rate changes can affect taxable income and tax revenue through their impact on tax avoidance in the form of itemized deductions and tax-shelter investments. Empirical tests using a national sample of individual...
- Tax Filing Deadlines. // Clergy Journal;May/Jun2004, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p20
Presents the schedule for tax filing deadlines in the United States. Second installment of 2004 individual estimated tax; Deadline for filing the 2003 tax return if one filed for an extension of the April 15th deadline.
- Our Low State Income Tax. Zerillo, John W.; Perkins, Aaron // njbiz;3/10/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p8
Deals with the lower state income tax being paid by New Jersey residents compared to other U.S. states. List of U.S. states with no income tax; Amount of state income tax being paid by low-income families; Tax structure in the state.
- in IRS EITC Assistant debuts. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/1/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p16
This article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has unveiled a new tool to help tax professionals determine whether their clients are eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). The new application is available in English and Spanish. The EITC Assistant will help determine...
- 2002 Showing Severe Drop In Personal Income Tax Collections. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p6
Reports on the decline in personal income tax collections in the U.S. Average tax payments; Rate of personal income tax revenues; Percentage of estimated tax collections.