Atlanta Looking at CFO Candidates Including Philadelphia Finance Director
- Back in the CFO Saddle. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p1
Reports the appointment of Rick Anderson to the position of chief finance officer in Atlanta, Georgia. Management of city budget shortfall by Anderson; Proposition of a balancing act by Anderson; Ratings designated to the debts of the city.
- Philadelphia's Janice Davis Picked to Be Atlanta's New CFO. DeSue, Tedra; D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p3
Reports on the resignation of Janice Davis as finance director of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to become the chief financial officer of Atlanta, Georgia. Recommendation of Mayor Shirley Franklin for Davis to take the position; Need for the City Council to confirm the appointment; Career highlights.
- Georgia: CFO Choice. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p31
Reports that Atlanta, Georgia mayor Shirley Franklin has asked Rick Anderson to serve as her interim chief financial officer. Job responsibilities of Anderson; Previous work experience of Anderson; Estimated shortfall in the budget of the city.
- Hire finance. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Jan98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p87
Focuses on when to bring a chief financial officer (CFO) into a company. A checklist for analyzing company financial needs; Base salaries for CFOs, controllers, and bookkeepers; How to begin a search for a CFO.
- On the Move. // Treasury & Risk Management;Jul2000, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p41
Reports appointments and promotions of several finance officers in the United States. Selection of Henry Salvo as chief financial officer of Robert Mondavi Corp.; Promotion of Bruce R. Evancho to a global electronic-finance manager position in El. du Pont de Nemours & Co; Appointment of Frank...
- Your most valuable hire? Greco, Susan; Hise, Phaedra // Inc.;May94, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p146
Cites the choices of three founders of `Inc.' 500 companies of their most valuable hire. Richard Looney, Looney & Co., Houston, on hiring a chief financial officer; Joseph Strong, Account Pros, Boston, on hiring a sales director and chief financial officer; Christopher Multhauf, First...
- Woe is the CFO. Prince, C.J. // Entrepreneur;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p55
Focuses on the responsibilities of chief financial officers (CFOs). Pressures arising from the scrutiny of the shareholders; Implications of the Enron Corp. accounting scandals for CFOs; Importance of caution in the hiring process of CFOs.
- Fresh Start in Atlanta. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p1
Reports on the appointment of Janice Davis to the post of chief financial officer of Atlanta, Georgia. Career background; Job skills; Achievements; Duties; Future plans of Davis.
- ValuBond Expanding, Hires New Chief Financial Officer. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p7
Reports on the appointment of Jim Edwards as chief financial officer of ValuBond Inc. Career history; Job responsibilities.