U.S. Gov't Posted $17.6B April Surplus
- U.S. Ran $31.9B Surplus In June. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31186, p2
Reports that the United States government posted a $31.9 billion budget surplus in June 2001.
- Federal finance. // Economic Indicators;Dec93, p32
Presents statistics on federal receipts, outlays and debt of the United States government from 1976 to 1993. Estimates for 1994; Total; On-budget; Off-budget; Gross federal debt.
- FD-A.ï¿½Average Length of Privately Held Marketable Debt. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2002, p32
Presents several graphs on the average length of privately held marketable debt in the U.S. federal government.
- Washington's bounty. // Christian Science Monitor;10/28/97, Vol. 89 Issue 233, p20
Discusses what should be done with a United States federal budget surplus as of October 28, 1997. The interest on the federal debt; The hope that the Republican majority and Democrats following President Bill Clinton can restrain themselves on both tax cuts and spending programs until debt...
- It Will Take Great Action to Pay Down Nation's Debt. Sperry, Peter B. // Business Journal (Central New York);08/04/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p31
Focuses on issues on the use of federal budget surplus to the reduce national debt in the United States. Importance of an assurance from the US Congress on the proper appropriation of funds; Concern of the Treasury Department and the Bureau of the Public Debt over debt reduction; Implications...
- Spending to meet America's priorities. Barton, Joe // Fort Worth Business Press;04/06/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 50
Reports the passage of Fiscal Year 2002 budget by the United States Congress. Continuance of paying the national debt; Value of appropriated funds; Need of modernizing the Medicare system.
- THE ORIGIN OF THE INCOME TAX. Semiatin, Steven // History Magazine;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p34
The article presents a history of taxation on income in the U.S. The author examines the vague nature of the fourth clause in Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution regarding the government's ability to levy taxes, explores how debt due to U.S. involvement in the War of 1812 and the American Civil...
- Treasury reports $23.7 billion deficit. Aversa, Jeannine // Hudson Valley Business Journal;01/08/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p27
Reports the budget deficit of the Federal Treasury in the United States. Estimates of income tax payments; Value of government spending and revenues; Details on the government surplus in 2000.
- Federal receipts, outlays, and debt. // Economic Indicators;May94, p32
Presents a table and a graph showing federal receipts, outlays and debt from 1976 through 1994. Sources of data.