Tobacco Stocks Fall, But Bonds OK After Florida Court Decision
- FTSE rally likely to be short-lived. Abrams, Colin // Finance Week;11/25/2002, p24
Reports on the financial performance of FTSE stock market in London, England. Trend of the logarithmic chart of the stock market; Demonstration of the a bigger share price of Remgro; Breakage of the long-term supporting trendline of the stock market.
- Reverie recalls soaring inflation, '3-6-3 Club,' IH stock crash. Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;04/20/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 52
Reflects on how political events affect the stock market in the United States. Soaring interest rates, high inflation, and the establishment o a new investment vocabulary during the Jimmy Carter presidency; Author's recollection of the agreement he negotiated with his first money-management...
- Winners and losers. // Caribbean Business;12/16/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p10
Lists winning and losing stocks in Puerto Rico in the week of December 10, 1999. Change from the week-ago closing price level; 52-week high and low; Developments which affected stock trading activity. INSET: Weekly comment on Puerto Rico stocks, by Ramon Dominguez..
- Fear reigns on the floor. Cramer, James J. // Time;9/14/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 11, p35
Presents the author's thoughts on trading stocks during the period of instability, which occurred in the United States stock market in late August and into early September 1998. Prices he bought and sold for; The speed at which prices of some stocks fell.
- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. Carrasco, Francisco // Caribbean Business;3/30/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p9
Reports on current events which affected Puerto Rican share prices for the week ending March 24, 2000. Includes interest rate decision of the United States Federal Reserve Board; Concerns over margin requirements; Stock investments through individual retirement accounts.
- Weekly comment on Puerto Rico stocks. Valentin-Mari, Jeffry // Caribbean Business;2/24/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p10
Lists the biggest gainers and losers among Puerto Rican stocks for the week ending February 18, 2000. 52-week high and low; Week-on-week change; Developments which affected stock trading.
- Value of World's Public Companies Soared 32% In Year, Surpassing Output for First Time Ever . Tweed, David // American Banker;12/27/99, Vol. 164 Issue 246, p17
Reports on the surge in value of international publicly traded companies in 1999. Price of stocks in November, 1999 and speculations for the increase by investors; Other economic trends from 1998.
- 66 NY stocks get reprieve. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p42
Focuses on the Nasdaq Stock Market Inc. rule on the market of companies with less share prices in New York, New York. Suspension of the rule; Exclusion of Nasdaq member companies; List of delisted companies.
- A bear market can be long and grinding. Charski, Mindy // U.S. News & World Report;09/14/98, Vol. 125 Issue 10, p60
Compares the current stock market situation with previous bear markets. Such markets in 1987 and 1990; Details about overvalued stocks in late 1973 and early 1974; Classic bear market traits; Importance of remembering the past; Comparison of 1973-1974 with today.