Incidence and management of malignant digestive endocrine tumours in a well defined french population
- CONSIDERAÅ¢II CLINICO-STATISTICE PE UN LOT DE 76 DE PACIENÅ¢I CU CARCINOID DE TUB DIGESTIV. // Romanian Medical Journal;2010, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p194
No abstract available.
- Imaging techniques used for the real-time assessment of angiogenesis in digestive cancers. Săftoiu, Adrian; Vilmann, Peter // Annals of Gastroenterology & Hepatology;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 97, p7
Angiogenesis has a critical role in primary tumor growth and the development of metastases. Several angiogenesis inhibitors were recently developed, being a very attractive target for digestive tumor therapy. However, individualized therapy should not only be based on the pre-treatment imaging...
- Gastric Carcinoid: Two Unusual Presentations. Goldfarb, Joel P.; Gross, Fred; Maxfield, Roger; Rubin, Mark; Janis, Rosamond // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1983, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p332
We report two cases of gastric carcinoid that presented as benign-appearing polyps. One presented with multiple, benign-appearing polyps--a particularly unusual presentation for an uncommon tumor. The second patient had a single polypoid gastric carcinoid and atropic gastritis with pernicious...
- Hammers and nails: a report. Sugden, C.J.; Laird, B.J.A. // Palliative Medicine;Dec2004, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p734
A case report where parathyroid bone disease simulates bone metastases. Subsequent treatment of underlying hyperparathyroidism causes a marked improvement in bone disease, leading to a review of the initial diagnosis.
- GASTRIC RESECTION WITH ROUX-EN-Y ANASTOMOSIS IN THE PATHOLOGY OF THE UPPER DIGESTIVE TRACT. DRAŞOVEAN, R.; POPOVICI, Z. // Acta Medica Transilvanica;dec2012, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p233
We conducted a retrospective study on 138 patients from a single surgeon's experience with the aim to analyze the different types of gastric resection performed for both benign and malignant diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract and to compare the different reconstructive techniques using...
- Pathologie neuroendokriner Neoplasien. Anlauf, M.; Gerlach, P.; Schott, M.; Raffel, A.; Krausch, M.; Knoefel, W.T.; Pavel, M.; Klöppel, G. // Der Chirurg;Jul2011, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p567
During the last 5 years the European Neuroendocrine Tumor Society (ENETS) has developed basic recommendations for a standardized pathological diagnosis and classification of neuroendocrine neoplasms (NEN) of the gastroenteropancreatic system. These were included in the novel classification of...
- AktywnoÅ›Ä‡ N-acetylo-Î²-D-heksozoaminidazy i jej izoenzymÃ³w A i B w nowotworach. Choromańska, Barbara; Luto, Magdalena; Dariusz Szajda, Sławomir; Waszkiewicz, Napoleon; Kępka, Alina; Janica, Jacek; Ładny, Jerzy Robert; Dadan, Jacek; Myśliwiec, Piotr; Zwierz, Krzysztof // Advances in Hygiene & Experimental Medicine / Postepy Higieny i ;2011, Vol. 65, p752
There were approximately 93,060 deaths from cancers in Poland in 2008, and about 105,000 are predicted for the year 2025. Early detection of cancer is a major problem throughout the world, which is why many researchers are still looking for specific and sensitive markers of malignant tumors. Our...
- Carcinoma endocrino bien diferenciado de intestino delgado. Reporte de un caso y revisiÃ³n de la literatura. García-Ruiz, Antonio; Barrera-Rodríguez, Francisco Javier; Álvarez-Trasgallo, José Francisco; Márquez-García, Miguel Ángel // Cirugia y Cirujanos;may/jun2007, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p217
Background: Of all cancers, only 0.3 % are carcinoid tumors of the small bowel. The diagnostic approach of these patients is difficult because they may appear asymptomatic for a long time and also because of the low specificity of the currently available diagnostic tests. We present a case in...
- Multiple Gastric Carcinoids in a Patient with a History of Primary Hyperparathyroidism. Alberti-Flor, Juan J.; Halter, Susan; Dunn, G. Dewey // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1985, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p531
A 66-year-old man with a past history of hyperparathyroidism was evaluated for chronic epigastric pain. An upper gastrointestinal x-ray examination revealed the presence of polypoid filling defects and endoscopy-polypectomy eventually proved these to be gastric carcinoids.