- A LUST FOR DEATH. Ho, Dorothy; LaSala, Anthony // Photo District News;Sep2001, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p109
Talks about the life of photographer Andrea Modica in shooting skulls.
- Andrea Modica at Edwynn Houk. Dykstra, Jean // Art in America;May2008, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p194
The article reviews the exhibition "Fountain," by Andrea Modica at the Edwynn Houk Gallery in New York City.
- Imaginary Vessels. Huston, Karla // Library Journal;9/15/2016, Vol. 141 Issue 15, p91
No abstract available.
- wild thing. Aletti, Vince // Aperture;Summer2003, Issue 171, p28
The article offers an overview on the life and works of photographer Andrea Modica. It highlights the childhood memories of Modica in Florida, where her family moved when she was 11 years old. Modica describes the landscape and scenic beauty of the state, particularly the swamps where she played...
- Soul searching. Samson, Jonah // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/2/2001, Vol. 165 Issue 7, p932
Discusses the photograph exhibit of Andrea Modica, called 'Human Being,' at the Edwynn Houk Gallery in New York City from May 10 to June 30, 2001. Use of skulls unearthed on the grounds of the Colorado Mental Health Institute in Pueblo, where skeletons of 100 people were secretly buried in a...
- Report from London. Grigg, Jennifer // Afterimage;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Presents information on several photograph and video exhibitions, which were held in London, England. Sherrie Levine's exhibition at the South London Gallery; Exhibitions at the Lisson Gallery, by James Casebere and Gaylen Gerber; Information on an exhibition that focused on the interplay...
- Reticence and reverence. Morgan, Ann Lee // Afterimage;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p18
Reviews the photography exhibition `Photography and Beyond in Japan: Space, Time and Memory.'
- Fashioning art. Young, Cynthia // Afterimage;May/Jun97, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p4
Reviews three photography exhibitions held at the New York City's Guggenheim Museum that interweave fashion and art. Feature of the exhibitions; Event that was adapted by Guggenheimm in March 1997; Exhibition to be held at New York City's Museum of Modern Art; Sponsor of exhibition.
- TAKING A LONG, HARD LOOK. Bowles, K. Johnson // Afterimage;May/Jun2000, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p12
Reviews the exhibition `Robert Heinecken, Photographist: A Thirty Five-Year Retrospective,' at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago, Illinois from October 1 to November 28, 1999.