Health care as a risk factor
- CRTs -- Cluster Randomized Trials or "Courting Real Troubles" Ranson, M. Kent; Sinha, Tara; Morris, Saul S.; Mills, Anne J. // Canadian Journal of Public Health;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p72
This paper addresses the logistical challenges of implementing public health interventions in the setting of cluster randomized trials (CRTs), drawing on the experience of carrying out a CRT within a community-based health insurance (CBHI) scheme in rural India. Our CRT is seeking to improve the...
- InternaÃ§Ãµes por condiÃ§Ãµes sensÃveis: possibilidade de avaliaÃ§Ã£o na atenÃ§Ã£o bÃ¡sica. Ferreira, Marianna; Moreno Dias, Bruna; Martins Mishima, Silvana // Revista Eletronica de Enfermagem;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p760
Primary Care Sensitive Conditions (PCSC) are health problems treated using interventions typical of the primary healthcare level, which evolution caused be a lack of timely and effective care, may require hospitalization. This descriptive study was performed with the objective to analyze the...
- the business case for better buildings. Berry, Leonard L.; Parker, Derek; Coile Jr., Russell C.; Hamilton, D. Kirk; O'Neill, David D.; Sadler, Blair L. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2004, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p86
Looks into building better healthcare facilities for patients in the U.S. Offer of a methodology by evidence-based design for scientific scrutiny and testing of building design benefits in health care; Identification of safety-related building improvements that can be applied to hospitals; Steps...
- Patient Safety Update: Campaign to Save 100,000 Lives. // HealthFacts;Feb2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p4
Presents information on the quality improvement campaign of the Institute for Health Care Improvement that publicly acknowledges the human toll of unsafe hospital care in the U.S. Components of the campaign's evidence-based safety improvements; Information on the number of hospital that...
- Focus on wellness enriches a poor county. // AHA News;5/5/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the hospital and health care systems in Franklin County, Maine. Discussion on the commitment of community leaders and hospitals to health wellness and disease prevention; Information on Franklin Health Network; Details of various health concerns in the county.
- Part 1: Some key developments in Swedish public health research1 1940â€“2000. Diderichsen, Finn; Westrin, Claes‐Göran // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jun2005 Supplement 65, Vol. 33 Issue s65, p3
Discusses some major trends in the development of Swedish public health research in 2005. Institutional basis; Selection of determinants and mechanisms in this development; Implications on public health.
- STRATEGIC PUBLIC GOVERNANCE IN AUSTRALIAN HEALTH:THE "UNSMART", INCAPACITATED STATE? Johnston, Judy; Duffield, Christine // Administrative Theory & Praxis (Administrative Theory & Praxis);Mar2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p125
The strategic public governance of health services in Australia, as a federation of states and territories, is shared between three levels of government and the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. While national and sub-national governments hold the legitimate authority for most...
- publisher's notes. Hurd, Lyle // Total Health;Feb/Mar2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
Deals with issues and topics related to health and health care in the U.S.
- sustaining a market-based healthcare system. Enthoven, Alain C. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul2004, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on sustaining a market-based healthcare system in the U.S. Quality deficiencies and unsustainable expenditure growth.