Asthma drug zafirlukast (Accolate): serious hepatic events
- Untitled. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p14
This article reports that Astrazeneca PLC rolled out a new DTC spot promoting Nexium as an ulcer-prevention treatment for seniors taking painkillers. "Jimmy & Jenny," produced by Saatchi & Saatchi Consumer Healthcare, features comical dialogue between a whimsical, older couple. Risk information...
- Liver AE leads to withdrawal of Exanta. // Reactions Weekly;2/18/2006, Issue 1089, p3
Reports on the decision of AstraZeneca to withdraw Exanta from the market and terminate the development of the drug following an adverse event report of serious liver injury in a clinical trial. Observations from the clinical trial of the drug; Advice of AstraZeneca to patients using the drug.
- Asthma drug 'linked to adverse events'. // GP: General Practitioner;10/10/2008, p10
The article reports on the result of the 22 studies which reveals that asthma drug formoterol increases patient's risk of nonfatal serious adverse events. The studies involving 8,032 patients examines the risk of fatal and non-fatal serious adverse events for patients taking formoterol, a...
- Crestor Named "Worst Pill". // Pharmaceutical Executive;Nov2003, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the issuance of a warning against the use of Crestor, rosuvastatin, a cholesterol drug manufactured by AstraZeneca PLC. Side effects of the drug which may cause kidney damage, kidney failure and rhyabdomyolysis; Opposition of Public Citizen to the approval of the drug; Criticisms on...
- AstraZeneca drug death risk? Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/13/2015, pA02
The article focuses on the findings from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) which shows that patients taking diabetes drug Onglyza have higher risk of death, along with drugmakers with dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP4) inhibitors like Onglyza, including Merck, Novartis, and AstraZeneca PLC.
- Salmeterol/fluticasone propionate. // Reactions Weekly;10/8/2011, Issue 1372, p31
The article describes the case of 22-year-old girl who developed Cushing's syndrome during long-term therapy with inhaled salmeterol/fluticasone propionate for asthma.
- Prednisolone. // Reactions Weekly;11/19/2011, Issue 1378, p28
The article describes the case of a 40-year-old woman, with a history of mild asthma and refractory hypertension, who developed cushing syndrome after taking prednisolone.
- Do asthma drugs increase the risk of heart problems? Cerrato, Paul L. // RN;Jun97, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p67
Questions if asthma drugs increase the risk of heart problems. Findings of study conducted on Canadian asthma sufferers; Details on study.
- Serious risks restrict use of vandetanib. // Reactions Weekly;2/25/2012, Issue 1390, p2
The article reports on a letter sent by AstraZeneca to health care professionals in Canada warning them of serious health risks associated with the use of vandetanib for the treatment of symptomatic or progressive medullary thyroid cancer in adults with unresectable locally advanced or...