Cost cutting claims hit Bath link-road
- Curb Appeal. Sipes, James L. // Public Roads;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p4
This article discusses the utilitarian philosophy of the Nevada Department of Transportation towards its efforts to build as much road as possible while doing it safely and cost effectively. It cited The Carson City Bypass as an example of the state's utilitarian approach in its transportation...
- Redmond refreshed. Waldroupe, Amanda // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul2010, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p15
The article offers information on the planned makeover construction projects including the rerouting of the Highway 97 bypass in Redmond, Oregon.
- Iowa's DOT Draws a Straighter Line. Clayton, Lindsay // Governing;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p63
Deals with the decision of the Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT) to consider alternatives to bypasses for cost saving purposes. Cost of the 11-mile bypass project approved in November 2004; Design objectives for road projects; Comments from Mark Wandro, director of the Iowa DOT.
- Damascus seeks road developers. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/13/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 33, p14
Reports on the search of the Syrian Transportation Ministry for international developers of build-operate-transfer road projects in 2004. Turkey-Jordan highway; Tartous-Iraq highway; Damascus bypass.
- Cash boost for fragile Argyll timber route. // Commercial Motor;12/7/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5207, p16
The article reports on the allocation of more than Â£1 million for the improvement of roads for timber hauliers in Argyll, Scotland. The Strategic Timber Transport Fund will finance the project to upgrade the Tarbert bypass and improve forest road on the Dunoon timber haul route. The project...
- Irish roads bypass UK. Warner, Brian // Contract Journal;11/6/2002, Vol. 416 Issue 6402, p10
Focuses on the private finance road construction deals in the Republic of Ireland as of November 2002. Total value of the deals; Worth of the project for the N25 Waterford bypass; Construction groups selected to work on the projects; Groups in contention for the N8 Rathcormac to Fermoy bypass.
- A Regina Transport Hub Developing Quickly. // Bar-Code Border;8/15/2011, Vol. 10 Issue 215, p7
The article reports on the fast development of transport hub or inland ports in Regina, Saskatchewan which includes the road projects Regina bypass and new highways connecting the Trans-Canada Highway.
- CONWAY BYPASS JOB IS A WINNER FOR STATE AND FLOUR DANIEL TEAM. Powers, Mary Buckner // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/14/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 19, p17
Reports on the early completion of the multimillion-dollar Conway Bypass Highway Project in South Carolina. Contractor of the project; Amount of money saved; Innovations on the project; Key factors to success.
- Perpetual paving=More congestion. Schneider, Keith // Nieman Reports;Winter97, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p11
Focuses on the problems caused by highways. Opposition on a $70 million Petoskey Bypass that the Michigan Department of Transportation planned to build through the township; Discussion on the increase in the number of cars and light trucks; Result of a study by the `Land Use, Transportation and...