A PASSION FOR TRUTH: THE WAY OF FAITH AND REASON
- `Faith and Reason' A Note on the New Encyclical. Dulles, Avery // America;10/31/1998, Vol. 179 Issue 13, p7
Focuses on the encyclical entitled `Faith and Reason (Fides et Ratio),' by Pope John Paul II. Highlights of the encyclical; Pope's different perspectives about faith and reason.
- Fides et Ratio (Book Review). Austriaco, Nicanor P.G. // Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies;2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1/2, p209
Reviews the book 'Fides et Ratio: On the Relationship Between Faith and Reason,' by John Paul II.
- Theological Truth in the Context of Contemporary Continental Thought. Boeve, Lieven // Currents of Encounter;2012, Vol. 46, p77
The article offers the author's insights on truth in theology in the modern philosophy. The author explores the relation of truth and faith in the book "Fides et Ratio," by Pope John Paul the Second, mentioning that the purpose of the book was not to deny the intimate connection between faith...
- ETHICS AS IF TRUTH MATTERED. Cavanaugh, Thomas // Dialogue & Universalism;1999, Vol. 9 Issue 7/8, p107
Presents reflections on the encyclical letter 'Fides et Ratio' of Pope John Paul II. Search for the ultimate and overarching meaning of life; Criticism of positivism and emotivism; Theology of philosophy; Life-structuring activity or habit of making all truth matter for how one lives.
- LA CIRCULARIDAD ENTRE FILOSOFÃA Y TEOLOGÃA: FIDES ET RATIO 73. IZQUIERDO, CÉSAR // Scripta Theologica;may-ago2009, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p451
The relationship between Philosophy and Theology is presented in the encyclical Fides et ratio (n. 73) not according to an Â«ancillaryÂ» scheme (seeing Philosophy as Â«ancillaÂ» of Theology), but as a circular relationship. Both begin in the same way, and between both there must exist a...
- JOHN PAUL THE GREAT. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb1999, Issue 90, p71
Profiles Pope John Paul II on the 20th anniversary of his papacy. Role in the collapse of communism; Author's justifications in calling him John Paul the Great; Absence of conflict between faith and reason, according to the encyclical `Fides et Ratio'; Second Vatican Council.
- FIDES ET RATIO - RAPORTUL DINTRE CREDINÅ¢Ä‚ ÅžI RAÅ¢IUNE. O LECTURÄ‚ ANALITICÄ‚. Bodea, Marcel // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Theologia Catholica;2011, Vol. 56 Issue 3/4, p155
One of the main feature about analytic theology is that it is a form of rationalism to provide conceptual clarifications and grounds for the religious belifs. This paper is an analytic theology reading, it is a research at the intersection of analytic philosophy and Christian theology. It...
- Faith, Reason, and the Christian University: What Pope John Paul II Can Teach Christian Academics. Beckwith, Francis J. // Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought & Culture;Summer2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p53
The article discusses the teaching of Pope John Paul II at Baylor University. The Pope suggests that the university should not claim to offer a distinctive theological alternative to its peer institutions while claiming that it is not good for the university to require their members to follow...
- LA UNIDAD DE LA VERDAD EN EL ACCESO A DIOS: CIENCIA, RAZÃ“N Y FE. TANZELLA-NITTI, GIUSEPPE // Scripta Theologica;may-ago2009, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p409
Though Fides et ratio mainly concerns the relationship between philosophy and theology, a careful reading of the text suggests that the activity of the sciences is not foreign to the core message of the encyclical. A few but meaningful references to scientific knowledge and to the activity of...